Aero motor into Spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

xela_p2004
Spree
Spree

Aero motor into Spree

Post by xela_p2004 »

Ok so iam going to make this happend sometime next week, however I need to know what else will I need besides the engine? Will I need the entire Aero wiring harness? Has anyone done this swap? Let me know whats needed piece by piece. Your input will be very much appricated.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

No i dont think that you need the wireing harness just splice a couple of wires
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

uhh, there will be a bit of tweaking to the engine mounts, im guessing. because when i put a dio in the aero, it just dropped in, so im thinking that maby the aero engine has a bigger, well i know its bigger, but wider spaced mounts... but dont hold me to it, its just a guess.
xela_p2004
Spree
Spree

Post by xela_p2004 »

THe dio just dropped in, and bolted? That easy? Yeah the mounts will have to be fabricated, I have a welder friend who said that is easy. So I can use the spree harnees and all its componenets including, CDI, Rectifier? If thats the case then the swap should be easy.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

i dont see y not.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

yea, there is no rewireing, yea, the dio just dropped in with the elite mount and the aero one.
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

MySpree wrote:yea, there is no rewireing, yea, the dio just dropped in with the elite mount and the aero one.
that means that the rear tire is not centered
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

it was
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

i dont really know to much about the aero50. but i have a 87 spree with a elite sa50 engine on it. all i did was change the thorottle cable. i had to take the spree engine mount turn it around bolt it to the engine, and bolt it in place where the kick stand suppose to be. i had to relocate the shock mount. other than that, all the panels fit, and looks like a factory fit. sucks i dont have a kick stand.....but hey... it has a * of a lot more power and torqe than the spree engine. 8-)
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

You can get an aftermarket kickstand for that... different than the stock center stand.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
xela_p2004
Spree
Spree

Post by xela_p2004 »

I think the elite engine is the same engine as the aero 50 correct? Any how that is interesting, so you basically just removed the center stand and placed the elite mount where the center stand would go correct? Iam going to try that, I had in mind that I was going to cut out the spree engine mount box and weld in the box from the aero, however this sounds a lot easier. So you still used the spree engine mount but just turned it around and bolted the side that is suppose to bolt to the engine to the kickstand and bolted the side that goes to the frame to the engine? Did I nail it? do you have any pics or can you produce any pics of this setup, Iam in the process of doing this conversion.
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

u got it. turn around the engine mount, and remove the kick stand. ill email u pics of mine. like i said....not to familer with the aero50 engine, except that the head, the spark plug goes in on a angle. lol.
xela_p2004
Spree
Spree

Post by xela_p2004 »

IF you can email them to xela_p2004@yahoo.com, thanks for the information.
xela_p2004
Spree
Spree

Post by xela_p2004 »

Well thanks for the help, I have sucussefully managed to bolt my extra Aero engine onto my 86 Honda spree. However in doing so I have elimated the center stand and will be buying a kick stand instead. The shock is to short and I will have to either relocate the shock bolt closer to work or buy an extra long shock, The longest scooter shock I have found is 315mm, however I will have to measure it before buying it. I also need a mechanical oil pump off a 85 Aero or a throttle cable designed for the cable operated oil pump. Check the want ads as I have listed a request for either part. I hope to make this spree a great bike for riding, nothing fancy like the Hawaiian bikes but something that can easily cruise at 55mph, I will be buying a big bore for this scoot as well. By the way the engine looks badass in the spree it makes the spree long, kinda like a drag spree.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

relocate the shock bolt and you can always buy a hip up to extend the shick you have now. It's about $25 I believe at cycle imports hawaii. It looks like this.

the blue thing under the shock