Spree fuel line issues

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Honda Spree Guy
Noob
Noob

Spree fuel line issues

Post by Honda Spree Guy »

Im having trouble with my fuel line. There's no fuel running through it. How can it be clogged up. I cleaned everything and rebuilt the engine. What am I doing wrong here.
Any help is appropriate. Thanks.
Ridin dirty on a 85 spree
Putting on miles on my spree
Solo me and my spree
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Spree fuel line issues

Post by Meatball »

Bad petcock or youre not getting vacuum...

Pull the fuel line off the carb and stick the end into a bottle, bowl, container of some kind...Then pull the vacuum line off the carb and suck on it...this SHOULD open the petcock and allow fuel to flow through the fuel line and into your container of choice.

Check this first...then report back results.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Honda Spree Guy
Noob
Noob

Ya I blew air threw the air line and fuel started to run through the fuel line,but the fuel didn't continue to run through.
Solo me and my spree
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

It should stop when you stop sucking. This is how a petcock works. When the engine turns, it creates vacuum, which sends it to the petcock, where the vacuum opens the fuel valve allowing it to flow, when the engine is not running, the suction is no longer applied, thus fuel will not flow.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Honda Spree Guy wrote:I blew air threw the air line
Ive dissected a bad one trying to find its failure just to cure my curiosity. Consisting of a thin rubber disc with a very light tension spring basically sums it up. Vacuum pulls down on the center of the diaphragm allowing fuel to flow freely down the fuel line. When vacuum stops, the spring forces the rubber back up and stops flow.

Since my surgery subject was known to be bad, I wasnt exactly careful with it and broke it apart with a maul. I never did discover it's failure since it was utterly destroyed upon opening. I will say that the thin rubber diaphragm is extremely delicate and will damage easily. Blowing any kind of air into either line (vac or fuel) may cause irreparable damage. It is only designed to experience vacuum through the vac line....and even then just very light suction.

PS: I once had a similar issue you are experiencing...no fuel flow. I thought it was a bad petcock valve but it turned out to be a dry/cracked vacuum hose. Be sure your vac hose is in proper condition with positive seal at both ends.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Honda Spree Guy
Noob
Noob

Yes it worked. Appreciate that advice.
Solo me and my spree