Putting carb back on 1989 Sb50p

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Longneckerr
Noob
Noob

Putting carb back on 1989 Sb50p

Post by Longneckerr »

Alright so I’m absolutely not great with carbs at all but this Honda ran well all last summer and then it randomly would not hold idle. So I pulled the carb off it and managed to snap the needle off of the bystarter. So I spent literally like six months trying to find an exact bystarter and then it turns out my dad has an extra carb with the bystarter sitting in his garage. Then when I went it to put it back together six months later I’m having trouble getting it running but of course I didn’t take any pictures so I can’t remember where all the hoses I’ve got one hose I don’t know where it attaches to coming off the transmission and the port on the bottom of the bowl I have no hose to attach to. So I took a bunch of pictures. Could anyone tell me what I’m missing here or if I have anything hooked up wrong?

I can’t figure out how to attach larger pictures but here’s the Imgur link

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me cuz I’m a noob
https://imgur.com/gallery/di3I706
bonesv

Re: Putting carb back on 1989 Sb50p

Post by bonesv »

Hose from top of transmission is a breather. Leave unattached or it slips into the back of the air box somewhere. The nipple on bottom of bowl is just for a drain line. You don’t really need one for it to run. It was difficult to tell what’s going on from the pic you have😬
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
kosmo
BMX
BMX

Re: Putting carb back on 1989 Sb50p

Post by kosmo »

from what i know maybe you can find a fiche parts diagram for a better picture but
you have 3 main hoses. one is a vacuum line. and one is an oil line and the last is gas.
the oil should come from right under the exhaust pipe connection to the cylinder. that goes to the side of the carb should be a smaller connection
the other 2 then, one is gas and one is vacuum. both come from under the seat. suck on one and gas should come out the other.
the gas line goes on the back of hte carb and is stickign straight up. the vacuum hooks on to the intake manifold, that thing in front of the carb that its bolted to.

the bottom most port on the carb is a drain that if you unscrew the screw at the bottom of the carb should drain the float bowl of the carb if any gas is in there.
maybe someone has one they can post pics to give you a better picture.
also tho you have an older bike, sb50p. the elites oil line has a barb that comes off and goes sideways. that carb is sort of foreign to me. but oil connections are mid way on the side of the carb
its weird how you have two hoses connecting back to themselves on the carb. maybe its just been so long since i looked at a stock carb idk.