Met vs Ruck Wheels What’s the Difference?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Honda50
BMX
BMX

Met vs Ruck Wheels What’s the Difference?

Post by Honda50 »

What’s the difference between Metropolitan and Ruckus wheels? It seems that Ruckus wheels are a lot easier to find. Also can either be fitted to the front of a Spree using the stock fork?

Thanks!
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Met vs Ruck Wheels What’s the Difference?

Post by Ben L. »

Ruckus wheels are wider. Don't think a ruck will work and the met wheel would be tight. I would suggest a 94-01 elite sa50 wheel with met brake plate. The elite wheel is just slightly narrower than the met. Your still gonna have to modify the hub and re-shim to get it centered.
Honda50
BMX
BMX

Post by Honda50 »

Thanks for the info. Are there any tubeless wheels that fit a stock spree fork?
kosmo
BMX
BMX

Post by kosmo »

Ben L. wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:10 pm Ruckus wheels are wider. Don't think a ruck will work and the met wheel would be tight. I would suggest a 94-01 elite sa50 wheel with met brake plate. The elite wheel is just slightly narrower than the met. Your still gonna have to modify the hub and re-shim to get it centered.
i dont think the met brake plate matches the spree/aero/elite setup. get the elite brake plate to match the elite or met wheel instead. the only upgrade from a met brake plate, is the brake cam arm which can be pulled from an aero or bought from honda, just check part numbers.

tubeless wheels that fit spree forks? idk, other people do know about swapping out stuff on sprees tho im sure.
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

kosmo wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:02 am
Ben L. wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:10 pm Ruckus wheels are wider. Don't think a ruck will work and the met wheel would be tight. I would suggest a 94-01 elite sa50 wheel with met brake plate. The elite wheel is just slightly narrower than the met. Your still gonna have to modify the hub and re-shim to get it centered.
i dont think the met brake plate matches the spree/aero/elite setup. get the elite brake plate to match the elite or met wheel instead. the only upgrade from a met brake plate, is the brake cam arm which can be pulled from an aero or bought from honda, just check part numbers.

tubeless wheels that fit spree forks? idk, other people do know about swapping out stuff on sprees tho im sure.
Not sure about older elites, but 94-01 and metros share the same larger drum size from sprees. That's why people upgrade wheels when swapping motors.

I'm currently running an elite wheel with met brake plate on a razz which is very similar to the spree. Met brake plates have more meat on them to modify for the brake stop.