Help: Honda DJ1R (SE50) with Dio front end

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonesv

Re: Help: Honda DJ1RR (SE50) with Dio front end

Post by bonesv »

They look to be af27 frame models. No af18 in the pic. I think he’s referring to the motor af18e
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
NZHonda
Spree
Spree

Post by NZHonda »

I am a bit of a hoarder so won't be selling much at this stage. I am glad I've kept and gathered some of these scooters up as now I can use all of the bits.

The black Dio ZX is a genuine AF28. I will use the wiring loom from the parts/wrecked AF27 frame you see there. I won't be using its front end unless I really really have to.

The other rough Dio is an AF27. Not sure what to do with that. Everything on it is slogged out and stuffed. It will be a parts bike but for now I will leave it complete because that is the easiest way to store it and move it.

The DJ1R as you guys have suggested is not an RR. I was always going to modify this bike. That's why I bought it without the engine. I will trial run using the stem and front end from the parts/wrecked AF27 frame.

NZ did get a heap of different Honda variants. On our version of ebay and on facebook you will see some very odd Honda JDM models show up. The one thing Honda did do well here was only selling the top spec, un-restricted, good looking models with the nice headsets and tail lights!
Honda AF28 Dio ZX - Malossi 72cc
Honda DJ1R project
NZHonda
Spree
Spree

Post by NZHonda »

harleyracer59 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:05 pm I think yours is a dj1r (af12) not a dj1rr (af19) your scooter has single head light bulb, no rear fairing scoops, af05e engine (originally), and I don't see dj1rr on your scooterexcept for thbe forks. dj1 and dj1r have a trailing link under shock like the 85-86 aeros.
dj1=87 af05e engine dj1r= 88-89? af05e engine dj1rr 90+ af18 engine.
we didn't get any of these here. we had an se50 elite af05e= 87, sa50 elite af05e 88-93, sb50 elite non variated af05e= 88-92 sa50 elite af16 = 94-01
honda didn't seem to care if they confused the crap out of us. lol
you have a cool collection of scoots though.
you have a zx front end sitting right there. pull it offthe black zx and try it on your dj1r. then report back your findings. if the top corners of the fork legs hit your plastics, try a fork stem from a honda af55. aka metropolitan

then pull the handle bar set off the af18, put it in a box, and ship it to me!!!! lol
seriously though, I wanna buy that handle bar lights switches speedo. let me know if you wanna sell them. thanks
I've done a quick google research.

Is the Honda AF55 Metropolitan a 1992-1999 Honda Giorno (2-stroke engine)???

http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/ ... iorno.html

I think I'm better off to stick with the Dio stem and make that work as there aren't many Giorno in NZ and finding a wrecked one will be a pain.
Honda DJ1R project
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

yup that's what yall call them. I always forget that name, giorno sound like a vespa with a similar I had. traded that for a 65' smallframe.
anyways, back on topic, I know what youre saying on the headset. im a bit of a hoarder too. its good to hear others say this about them selves also. lol im gonna have to check out this ebay Australia. might be a new source for parts...
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

In Japan they named the (metropolitan) af55 the crea scoopy also
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
NZHonda
Spree
Spree

Post by NZHonda »

I'm considering buying one of these NEW stems off of Aliexpress.

Unfortunately they label them as AF27/28/34/35 Dio steering stems. I'd assume that they would be made for te disk brakes forks/width. I don't know if it's worth the gamble or if I should hold off for a bit and keep looking. The ebay link that has been posted for an AF28 stem from japan is good but with the shipping totals around $220USD VS one of these new stems for under $100NZD delivered.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000353 ... 2e0eAMCDTh

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3304594 ... 2e0eUul6yn

I like shiny parts.
Honda DJ1R project
NZHonda
Spree
Spree

Re: Help: Honda DJ1R (SE50) with Dio front end

Post by NZHonda »

Ask and you shall receive. This is being delivered tomorrow. The guy belongs to a facebook group. I was asking someone else about there Dio they had for sale and he messaged me. To easy and exactly what I need! Genuine AF35 Dio ZX. Very rough, engine is junk. Comes with complete front end and a set of live plates (an NZ thing).

I'm going to use the front end and the AF35 headset on the DJ1R project.
Attachments
AF35 ZX parts.JPG
AF35 ZX parts.JPG (167.26 KiB) Viewed 6568 times
Honda DJ1R project
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Re: Help: Honda DJ1R (SE50) with Dio front end

Post by harleyracer59 »

wait, wheres my headset??? :( lol
glad you found a spare front end for your dj1r. so do I get that "junk" engine for free plus shipping? :naughty: