Honda melody carb adjustment

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Tinsley68
Noob
Noob

Honda melody carb adjustment

Post by Tinsley68 »

Hi all, on my 1983 Honda melody's carburetor, at the top is a black plastic pipe with a number 4 on it coming out of the top of it, is there anything underneath this pipe to do with the auto choke? And if so, how can I get it off without damaging it? It seems to be on very tight, I tried to turn it with pliers but stopped because I didn't want to break it, any information would be appreciated 👍👍
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Honda melody carb adjustment

Post by Meatball »

Need pic
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Tinsley68
Noob
Noob

Post by Tinsley68 »

I'll take it off and post a picture tomorrow
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

No need to remove anything. Can snap a few shots while its still installed.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

melody isn't US market. the only melody ive seen here in the US had some weird choke setup with vacuum hose going to some heater element thing on the cylinder head. US scooters have a different carb that uses an electric auto choke. also us carb was a bigger diameter throat than the jdm melody I worked on.
Tinsley68
Noob
Noob

Post by Tinsley68 »

Yeah I know melody is English, and as I live in Liverpool that works fine! Also I read something about the spree auto choke having wires to it , but that's not the case here , I'll get the picture tomorrow
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

Tinsley68 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:34 pm Yeah I know melody is English, and as I live in Liverpool that works fine! Also I read something about the spree auto choke having wires to it , but that's not the case here , I'll get the picture tomorrow

so does yours have the vacuum hoses connecting the carb to the cylinder head or does yours have a cable going to the handle bars to a choke lever?
either way, yes that fitting has to do with your choke. if theres a cable coming from it, it does screw out and there should be a little piston that the cable connects to. when you pull the lever on the handle bar, it raises and lowers this piston to open and close the choke circuit on your carb. if its the vacuum hose type, I have to look for that carb in my garage and get back to you. we swapped the one on the melody for an extra aero carb I had because the aero carb was a larger venturi.
ill look for and check that carb. post some pics and we can compare notes. :thumbwink:
Tinsley68
Noob
Noob

Post by Tinsley68 »

Right ok will do, been away for a couple of weeks, but back now, I'll get on to it
motormike

Post by motormike »

When will it be tomorrow ?
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"