2006 Metro issue

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

donut
Elite
Elite

2006 Metro issue

Post by donut »

Hi everyone! Long time ... hope everyone is super great and staying healthy! Question please - I have a friend that locked her scoot keys in the under seat compartment on a 2006 Metro. (yip, she wasn't thinking) Life has put her in a "frugal" state of mind... so she is trying to figure this out without a repair cost. Any ideas what she might do? Or is there a good metro forum you might recommend? Always loved this group! Thank you either way. Mj
'86 Aero 50 (NB50)

'01 Yamaha Jog Nextzone
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 2006 Metro issue

Post by Meatball »

Dealership might help. The Metro is new enough they may have the key code by VIN and cut you one. If not, maybe pull the ignition out of it and have a key made from that code. Im just guessing here since Ive only had a Met as a parts bike and didnt deal with keys.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
donut
Elite
Elite

Post by donut »

thanks!
'86 Aero 50 (NB50)

'01 Yamaha Jog Nextzone
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

donut wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:35 am Hi everyone! Long time ... hope everyone is super great and staying healthy! Question please - I have a friend that locked her scoot keys in the under seat compartment on a 2006 Metro. (yip, she wasn't thinking) Life has put her in a "frugal" state of mind... so she is trying to figure this out without a repair cost. Any ideas what she might do? Or is there a good metro forum you might recommend? Always loved this group! Thank you either way. Mj
Try asking a locksmith if they could help inexpensively. They have access to key codes also. I got keys made for $30 per set with the lock from ignition lock code. Moral of the story; Always make duplicate keys for your locks, just in case. :idea:
Welcome Back Donut! :hi:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
motormike

Post by motormike »

I know the Metro seat is activated by a cable.
Removing side cover should gain access to that cable and allow you to release the seat lock manually.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

mm has a good idea, if you take off the front panel that surrounds the headlight, you might be able to get to the end of the seat release cable that is attached to the ignition switch and pull on the inner part of the cable to release the seat. Please report back here with what you find..