Play in the T bar

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kid B
Noob
Noob

Play in the T bar

Post by Kid B »

Hey guys, just picked up a 1984 red spree yesterday. Got what I think is a smoking deal on it ($250). It needs some work (carb clean, new tires), but one think I noticed is in the T-bar. Sitting on the seat and rocking the spree back and forth, there is some play in the T bar. I'll try to explain it. As you rock forward and grab the brake, the handlebars move forward about 1/2 to 1 inch. It's as if there is a fulcrum where the T bar meets the body and entire handlebar-to-wheel component rocks a little.

I haven't gotten in there yet to look at it. It could be as simple as tightening a few bolts. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
motormike

Re: Play in the T bar

Post by motormike »

W-T-F is a "T-bar" ??
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Possibly missing some rollers (balls) in the stem bearings Disassemble and inspect the frame where the “t-bar” goes thru there should be some ball bearings at the top and bottom of the neck of the frame. I think you could use the bearings from a sa50 elite to replace the individual ball bearings 🤷🏻‍♂️
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

:werd:
motormike wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:13 am W-T-F is a "T-bar" ??
It’s a place where you can watch attractive women dancing in exchange for your spare change 💃🏻👯‍♀️
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Kid B
Noob
Noob

Post by Kid B »

Thanks guys. I don't know the technical terms. I thought that's what it was called. Go easy on me!!