I’m back, Spree won’t start anymore

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Spreekid
Noob
Noob

I’m back, Spree won’t start anymore

Post by Spreekid »

Hello all,
Last time I was on here was years ago, and your advice helped me to get my spree running perfectly! Every year since then I do a yearly carb clean, and she always starts right after. This year I was doing my yearly carb clean, which went perfectly and I put her all back together. When I tried to start it up, it would crank but not start, so I check all the usual components, and find out that someone had taken the spark plug out while it was in storage. So basically, I tried to use the electric start without a park plug, and now there is oil in the spark plug socket, and around the engine. How screwed am I? How involved would repairing it be? And is it even worth it? I love my spree, but I don’t want to spend a lot of money and time on something that might be pointless.
Thanks for reading
motormike

Re: I’m back, Spree won’t start anymore

Post by motormike »

You're okay...it would seem the oil pump has let 2-stroke oil seep down into the cylinder, and the crankcase.
You have already pumped out the oil in the cylinder, but LIKELY there is still oil in the crankcase. Possibly oil has also migrated to the muffler, but not necessarily. Personally, I'm not very well versed on the Spree, but others here can help you solve this issue. Stand by for some others to reply, but in the mean time, use your initiative to drain the oil that remains in the engine. Removing the exhaust pipe might be the first thing i would do. Once the oil has been drained, a new spark plug and it will be back to running.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"