Honda Spree to Eve headset conversion

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Caspervolas
BMX
BMX

Honda Spree to Eve headset conversion

Post by Caspervolas »

I’m doing a conversion to a Honda eve on my spree and the wiring looks different between the two on the headset. If anyone knows how to do it I need some guidance.

Thanks,
Casper
bonesv

Re: Honda Spree to Eve headset conversion

Post by bonesv »

I am assuming the headlight you bought has the round headlight? Did it come with the EVE handlebars? Or did you just purchase the light and speedometer cowls? I have not done this conversion but it should be fairly easy to figure out. You have a headlight and 2 turn signal lights. Just like the Spree. I have done other JDM headset conversions and the wires were always the same colors as my "made in mexico" Honda scooter. Take a couple of pics of the wires and such, of both scooters headlights, and re-size them to under 600 KB, then post them on here and we will try to help.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Caspervolas
BMX
BMX

Post by Caspervolas »

I have everything for the headset, turn signals, headlight, cowls, speedometer. I do not have the eve handle bars but I am now learning I may need them. I'm confused on the wiring for the speedometer for the most part, there are a lot more wire connections on the spree speedo compared to the eve's. I'm not really worried about the headlight I think if I just make connections for it and plug it into the low beam I should be good.
Caspervolas
BMX
BMX

Post by Caspervolas »

IMG_5171.jpg
IMG_5171.jpg (142.41 KiB) Viewed 8917 times
IMG_5170.jpg
IMG_5170.jpg (122.19 KiB) Viewed 8917 times
Top is the eve, bottom is spree. I can match most of the wires up with new connections but I have no idea where the brown and green wires on the eve speedo go I cant find anything in English about it either. There are clearly a lot more wires coming off the spree, do I just match up the wires and connect what I can and have unconnected wires?
Caspervolas
BMX
BMX

Post by Caspervolas »

IMG_5172.jpg
IMG_5172.jpg (117.25 KiB) Viewed 8914 times
And here is the wiring on the spree itself, kind of hard to see what's going on.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Ok, I see what you have. So you are not concerned about having a fuel gauge then? Yes, go ahead and connect the wires you can make out for the lightsand the other ones then will be the fuel gauge and turns. You should be able to figure it out from there. Make sure you get all the ground wires correctly connected. Keep it neat and double check your work. Good luck my friend! Bones
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Caspervolas
BMX
BMX

Post by Caspervolas »

Do you have any idea what the green and brown wires on the eve speedo are?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Caspervolas wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:28 pm Do you have any idea what the green and brown wires on the eve speedo are?
I suspect those are for the oil level so when your oil gets to a low level it turns on a red warning light on the speedometer panel. I'm pretty sure the yellow and blue wires are for the fuel level gauge.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX