Malossi afr gauge help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Caspervolas
BMX
BMX

Malossi afr gauge help

Post by Caspervolas »

Just got a malossi rapid sense afr gauge, I know it’s for 4 strokes but it should work on 2 stroke it will just reduce the life of the sensor. Has anyone used one of these? I don’t get any readings at all.

Thanks,
Casper
bonesv

Re: Malossi afr gauge help

Post by bonesv »

You use that gauge on what scooter? I think you need to connect it to a power source after the key switch. Then just turn on the ignition and it should show it's working. I don't know how it is connected so you're on your own there
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Someone used an afr on their 2t years ago and it was mega lean when tuned to 14.7. Sounded real zingy and ran like a raped ape….then burned a hole in his piston. Maybe he chose the wrong mounting spot on his exhaust since they have separate internal chambers or maybe its just a bad idea entirely. I tune with reading the sparkplug, monitoring the cht gauge, throttle response and sound. Using those 4 things gives you a pretty clear picture where your jets are at.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Caspervolas
BMX
BMX

Post by Caspervolas »

Yeah I don’t think it’s gonna work, learning experience I guess. They make ones for 2 stroke but they are super expensive and I’m good on that.