Bogging out still/starter fluid

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

joeweir1
Spree
Spree

Bogging out still/starter fluid

Post by joeweir1 »

O.k. I am lost.I have read most posts about this problem of bogging out and have got some help on here, but problem remains.Now I decided to squirt starter fluid into the air filter while it is bogging and it takes off like a rocket.When the starting fluid expires it bogs again!I have tried moving the main needle clip from top to bottom and no change.I replaced the orings on carb and bystarter also.My compression is 125 hot and cold.What could this be.I also sprayed starting fluid around the carb body to make sure it still is not leaking and it ran the same.Hope there is an expert on here who can help!!thanks
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Do a plug chop before you burn it up! sound like its lean and the main jet is clogged.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
joeweir1
Spree
Spree

Post by joeweir1 »

Well, I was out working on it again before I read your post and I installed a new plug and started it.I had the same results.Bogging out.I did have the carb apart numerous times and the main is clean as can be unless I'm blind!I had the needle clip for the main in all of the positions except the top and made it bog out at each position and checked the plug.The plug is white for the most part.I thought it was lean too.I rechecked the spark with the timing light as the bike bogged and spark did not falter until I made die.What could be making it run lean?I have the stock new air filter and cover on.It did this with the air filter off too.Could it be my muffler partially clogged?Could it be my rings even though my compression is good at 125?What about a weak spark?Also, it has power when first started for a short time, then once it's warm it bogs.I even disconnected the bystarter when it was warmed up and it still bogged and I left enough time for the bystarter to retract.Also, I noticed fuel around the outside of plug on the cover.Joe
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

white means it running lean, really lean. Air filter on will make it richer. Its not the rings, exhaust, or weak spark. How did you clean that main jet? Did you buy the bike this way?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Gamemedic
Spree
Spree

Post by Gamemedic »

Sounds like the bystarter air ports are clogged. Also check the little ferral that drops out when you remove the main jet. Its about an inch long with 9 little holes in it. Mine was doing same thing when I bought it, it turns out those little holes were dirty.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

over haul and clean the carb. I see that stuff on a daily basis at the shop. Just remember to make sure your air fuel mixtures are what the factory set s them , unless you like fooling with it! A good cleaning does wonders, also changing the plug doesnt hurt~
aloha
D