Throtle not working

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jayrey0910
BMX
BMX

Throtle not working

Post by jayrey0910 »

i have a 85 spree. i needed to take off the carb to clean and re-assemble. after i put the carb on i went to screw in the throtle cable into the carb. i out it in the right way grooves into the slot. then when i went to turn the throtle it has all sorts of slack. i dont know if i need to ajust the throtle screw or maybe is it that i moght of assembled the float inside the carb wront. andy suggestion on what i should do would be really appreciated.

thanks
jayrey
HuskieMobileMan
Spree
Spree

Re: Throtle not working

Post by HuskieMobileMan »

jayrey0910 wrote:i have a 85 spree. i needed to take off the carb to clean and re-assemble. after i put the carb on i went to screw in the throtle cable into the carb. i out it in the right way grooves into the slot. then when i went to turn the throtle it has all sorts of slack. i dont know if i need to ajust the throtle screw or maybe is it that i moght of assembled the float inside the carb wront. andy suggestion on what i should do would be really appreciated.

thanks
jayrey
Sure you are using the right slot? You should be using the one that runs the length of the slide.
'87 Elite SE50 w/65cc Polini Kit
'84 Aero NH125
'84 Aero NH80
'05 Kymco ZX50
jayrey0910
BMX
BMX

Post by jayrey0910 »

yeah i am possitive :shock:
joeweir1
Spree
Spree

Post by joeweir1 »

Hate to ask-is the throttle cable spring in the carb?
85' Aero
jayrey0910
BMX
BMX

Post by jayrey0910 »

[quote]Hate to ask-is the throttle cable spring in the carb?

do u mean is the spring stuck in the carb or is it still connected to the throtle needle?
joeweir1
Spree
Spree

Post by joeweir1 »

I mean is it installed properly?Was it working ok before you took it apart?You have the long groove on the slide towards the back of the carb when you slid it down in?If not you will have lots of slack.Also, the float will have nothing to do with the throttle tension.
85' Aero
jayrey0910
BMX
BMX

Post by jayrey0910 »

i never took apart the throtle , i just took off carb
joeweir1
Spree
Spree

Post by joeweir1 »

I'll ask again! Was it working ok before you took it apart?Unscrew thre the throttle cable off the carb again and make sure it is all assembled correctly and you put it back down in properly.Loo at a parts diagram or a service manual to see if your not sure.Joe
85' Aero