tight turn on a Honda Aero 50

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

ruscular
Noob
Noob

tight turn on a Honda Aero 50

Post by ruscular »

I am new to the moped by one month or so. Is it common to scrape the bottom of the moped on tight turns? Seem like the turn I take aren't that tight but a few time manage to scrape the side of moped. I worry that if I hit it hard enough that I would lose control of bike. Is is expected to go slow on the turn with these bike?

I weight 200 and the bike is made for the 180 limits, and I consider maybe getting bigger shocks for the bike. If that would help.

BTW I made a animation featuring Bush on a bike, if anyone interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8DjrKSlwk
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Could be weight, Im 200 as well but my spree never gave me problems other than the rear end is down a bit farther than i like, even on rough terrain it doesnt scrape on anything. The spree is a smaller lighter bike with shorter springs so your aero might just be worn out.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

i have done this a few times myself when taking a corner somtimes i'll scrape the lower side of the body.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i always do, to the point of were i now have small pieces of steel riveted in all my floor boards. i always scrape... but i ride fast, i dont belive in brakes.
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

For your weight buy a 5 way adjustable shock and start with #3 if it still scrapes check the spring on the center stand or remove it and use a kick stand.
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!