vento oil leak

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

vento oil leak

Post by burnt_toast »

i know this is a long shot, but ill try anyway. my vento started leaking oil like crazy yesterday, a day after i put in some 2stroke oil. its not as easy to see the oil level as on the spree, so i just added till i saw it up there in the tube.

ive never had this happen in my spree. could the oil tank have overfilled and started loosing oil? or can there be a hole somewhere? again i know its a longshot, but maybe somebody here can suggest something.

*picture of the oil tank:*
Last edited by burnt_toast on Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
projects galore :nerd:
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

where is the oil leaking from?my guess is u overfilled it. theres no guage? or something to let u know?
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

I have no clue, pics don't really help either. then again, I went to the eye doctor, and he said my eyes are 20/400, 20/20 is perfect and 20/10 is better than perfect. My eyes suck!
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

vette76 wrote:where is the oil leaking from?my guess is u overfilled it. theres no guage? or something to let u know?
that is my guess too. there is no gauge for the oil, just a red dot thats supposed to come on when oil is low, like on the spree. other than that there is really now way to tell since from the top you can only see the tube and the tank itself is located farther down and out of view. :?

heres a pic of the oil tank:
projects galore :nerd: