muffler filling up with gas...

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

encycloped
Noob
Noob

muffler filling up with gas...

Post by encycloped »

ok I have a 1985 honda spree and I am TRYING to get it running again but I have a few problems one is my muffler is filling up with gas like when I tilt it back some it just poors out... any ideas on how to fix this or what this means anyone?
ferchja
Spree
Spree

Post by ferchja »

A) No spark condition causing the gas to be unburned.

B) By starter not closing enriching circuit therefore at full choke 100% of the time

C) You have hooked up the gas line to the vacuum pick up and are unloading gas straight into the crankcase.

D) Download the service manual from this site and start troubleshooting.

E) This is not the forum for non running sprees....the Technical Help section is what you need.
http://www.hondaspree.net/modules.php?n ... wforum&f=3
Jeremy Ferch
1985 Spree (NQ50) - Mid restoration
encycloped
Noob
Noob

Post by encycloped »

Yeah I noticed I was in the wrong area AFTER I posted sorry people 8O
Spreed
Noob
Noob

Post by Spreed »

make sure your auto fuel shut off valve is not jammed open, with the bike off, only a little gas should come out of the fuel line if you disconnect it from the carb, and then no more should flow out. I had a similar problem back when my scoot had no (!) fuel shut off valve.
mikehailwood
Goped
Goped

Post by mikehailwood »

I had a 2-stroke 50cc scooter do the same thing (gas accumulation in the exhaust). I had good spark but the bike would not run. The bike had been sitting for 2 or 3 years. So I drained the gas tank, cleaned the fuel line and drained the carb float bowl. I put in some fresh gas, filled the float bowl and, voila!, she fired up. I assume your carb is as clean as a whistle?
encycloped
Noob
Noob

Post by encycloped »

Yep it's clean I'm also working on a way to start it without any electrical stuff hooked up which is hard cause of the electric starter..Is it possable to add a kick start to an 85 model? And how do you make a spark to the spark plug without the wire harnest?
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

u need the harness. u can take certain things off like lights, horn, exc. dont kno why u would tho. as for the kickstart, yes u can add one on. u need the crank case cover with kickstart built in off an 86-87 model. u will also need the outer pulley.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx