Fuel tank filter?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

devenex
Elite
Elite

Fuel tank filter?

Post by devenex »

I've taken off my Spree's petcock and got the valve working, but it still wont start.

There was about half a tank of fuel still in when I removed the petcock, and only a few drops would leak out making me think that the filter must be clogged. The directions said it should just come out with the petcock, but it didn't.

Am I right with my thinking that the filter is clogged? If so what is the best way to get it out?

Thanks
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Hi,
Yes, your tank strainer sounds clogged.

How to get it removed was recently covered in

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB2/viewto ... ank+filter
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

Thanks, just one more question. Is the white plastic tube part of the filter setup, or does the filter sit in it?
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

The tube and filter are 1 piece.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Spiderlad
Noob
Noob

Post by Spiderlad »

My fuel filter looks like it might be stuck in the tank in the litlle hole where the gas comes out I looked thru how to get it out (so thats not a prob.) but when putting the filter back in what side should you put the fuel filter back in from inside the gas tank or where the valve goes?

Guns Dont Kill People Doorknobs Do!!!
RenoScootSquad
Machinac -1
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

The filter will only come out the bottom, it has a rim, you put it in from the bottom and the petcock presses it back in.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Spiderlad
Noob
Noob

Post by Spiderlad »

So it goes out the bottom, and put it in from the bottom, I will try again later or tomorrow gave up for the day :? I couldnt get the lill white filter out an was kinda scared of braking it off or something :shock: I tried pushing something from the bottom up to push it out and thought I was gonna poke a hole thru it, tried pulling it out from the top with some pliers and again was thinking it might rip or brake (not sure how tough the lill filter is)

THANKS ONCE AGAIN KENNY YOUR BECOMING MY HERO LOL :P
Kenny_McCormic wrote:The filter will only come out the bottom, it has a rim, you put it in from the bottom and the petcock presses it back in.
Guns Dont Kill People Doorknobs Do!!!
RenoScootSquad
Machinac -1
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

I push it is out through the top with a screwdriver.