Throttle WONT go back

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Spiderlad
Noob
Noob

Throttle WONT go back

Post by Spiderlad »

PLEASE I need help I cleaned my carb today (86'Spree) and put everything back together the way I took it apart, Now my throttle is lose and I cant figure out whats up... When I take off the carb cap off and pull out the throttle valve thing an turn the throttle it seems to work fine but when back in I trun the throttle and it stays where it is, Iv tried to tighten the throttle cable by the throttle an that doesnt seem to help (But im not sure if im doing that right) not to cool... :x

Any Ideas?

THANKS 8)
Guns Dont Kill People Doorknobs Do!!!
RenoScootSquad
Machinac -1
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Sure - its an easy fix ---

There is a slot in the throttle slide. It must line up inside the carb with a pin.
The pin is 180 degrees from the idle speed screw. When not lined up, the throttle behaves exactly as you describe.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

If your throttle valve is in correctly it will slide way down into the carburetor top. Keep turning it until it falls way down in there.
Spiderlad
Noob
Noob

Post by Spiderlad »

Thanks looks like I got it, I'll try an get it started in the morning an see how it work while its running :)

THANKS AGAIN
RenoScootSquad
Machinac -1
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Just START IT ON THE STAND!!! If you didnt fix your problem it will run away from you.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Spiderlad
Noob
Noob

Post by Spiderlad »

I need to jump it with jumper cables lol battrey isnt got anuff juice and the kick start is a pain in the butt (kinda sticks) probably needs lube/greased or something not sure how to go about that yet... Oh yeah and it dont have a stand anymore took it off cuz the tires are to big
Kenny_McCormic wrote:Just START IT ON THE STAND!!! If you didnt fix your problem it will run away from you.
RenoScootSquad
Machinac -1
Spiderlad
Noob
Noob

Post by Spiderlad »

Sigh... I cant get it to turn over now even when trying to jump it or kick it, you can hear the starter wanting to turn it over but nothing, all I did was clean the carb (First time I ever cleaned a carb) had the throttle trouble, an now it wont start :? it seems like maybe gas isnt flowing into the carb or something, if I had a pluged fuel line or the little filter in there was cloged would that cause something like this?

THANKS!!!!
RenoScootSquad
Machinac -1
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

If it wont go pew pew pew pew pew, its electrical, what are you jumping it with? are you sure you have a good connection?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Spiderlad
Noob
Noob

Post by Spiderlad »

It was total dead but I replaced the fuse by the battrey now it makes sound (pretty sure its the pew sound) trying to start but it wont turn over (when trying to jump it) when I hook it up to jump it it makes the pew sound. To jump it Im using my girlfriends spree Iv used it hella times with no prob. till now :shock: Was thinking about tryng to jump it from my car done that too an it worked.... I dont get how it worked a day an a half ago an now it doesnt its starting to get frustrating :?
Kenny_McCormic wrote:If it wont go pew pew pew pew pew, its electrical, what are you jumping it with? are you sure you have a good connection?
RenoScootSquad
Machinac -1
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Try holding your hand over the intake holes on the airbox lid while cranking.
Ziraya
Spree
Spree

Post by Ziraya »

car batteries are 16+ volts, sprees use 12, that was potentially really bad for several expensive components
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Ziraya wrote:car batteries are 16+ volts, sprees use 12, that was potentially really bad for several expensive components
Lay of the crack! Both use 12 volt systems that run at more like 14 at full output. A car battery by itself is 12 volts.
Spiderlad
Noob
Noob

Post by Spiderlad »

Yay!!!! I got the throttle back and its started, im trying to charge the battrey :D Its still a little boggy but at lest it will start with a jump or kick start and the throttle is ok :P KENNY YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!

I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR YOUR HELP GETTING MY NONE RUNNING SCOOTER AND HELP ME MAKE IT RUN AGAIN!!!!

P.S. Im sure I'll have more Q/A again soon lol 8)
RenoScootSquad
Machinac -1