85 aero bogging after hard run then dies, fuel related.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

tominos
BMX
BMX

85 aero bogging after hard run then dies, fuel related.

Post by tominos »

here's the new problem as i stated in my earlier posts.

bike will die after a hard run due to lack of fuel, i know this bc after i run it and it starts bogging, i look at the clear fuel filter and it's empty.

i figured out if i pull off the vacuum tube and suck on it so that fuel enters the fuel line, i can get the bike to start up again like normal and then it runs fine until it runs out of fuel again.

the problem seems to be with the fuel valve, i can blow on the vacuum line attached to the fuel valve and a little bit of fuel will flow out, or i can suck on the fuel valve vacuum and a little bit of fuel will flow out, but!!! after sucking on the vacuum line, ie applying negative pressure, it becomes hard to suck and no more fuel will come out, this is just after a few droplets of fuel flows out, very little fuel.

does this indicate a bad fuel valve? i have taken the fuel valve off once before and blew compressed air through it, i have yet to take out the fuel strainer though, didn't see it while i took the fuel valve off, is it stuck inside and do i have to pull it out?

does the fuel vavle stopping after a certain amount of vacuum is a pplied indicate that it's broken? should i soak it in gasoline for a few days?
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

fuel should come out for as long as u suck on the vac line. so if u are still sucking on it and it stops then something is wrong with the valve.and would explain why it runs out of fuel. there could also be a hole in the vacume line. try replacing the line first.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

I'm not convinced this is the vaccuum petcock; the filter will usually look empty. The petcock should only see vacuum. How are your hoses, anyway? Good condition?

Try this: After the scoot stops running, put it on the sidestand and open the bottom screw. The carb will drain gas out unless it's empty. If it drips a little and stops, your problem is the petcock. If it has a bunch in it, it's probably compression.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
tominos
BMX
BMX

Post by tominos »

well, i've been riding the whole day today. it's alot of fun.

it turns out that the fuel line was leaking or in the wrong position or something...

i put a clear hose on it, and tied it up with zip ties and had to play around with the angling of the hose and it flows fuel just fine now.

everything is pretty good on the bike now, except for the zinging and clanging at idle and at speed that i can't figure out where it's coming from, any ideas on this?

this is a great forum with a wealth of information and lots of knowledgeable people. :D

thanks for all the help guys, hopefully i won't have to keep posting on this section of the forum about my bike many more times.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

that "clanging" sound could be crank bearings.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
tominos
BMX
BMX

Post by tominos »

hmm, thats kinda serious.

how can i tell for sure? can you guys tell what it is by a sound clip>?
tominos
BMX
BMX

Post by tominos »

lol and why did my title just change from unicycle to bicycle?