hard cold starting after sitting more than a day or two.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

joeweir1
Spree
Spree

hard cold starting after sitting more than a day or two.

Post by joeweir1 »

My scooter is hard to get started after it sits for a few days and longer.Once warm it starts great.When I had got this scooter it had no power after it was warm so after much trouble shooting and extensive carb. cleaning an replacing the reed assy I got it running pretty well.Before replacing and cleaning everthything it started easily when cold but since then it has been hard starting when cold.I'm not sure if having the carb and reed assy off changed something.Bystarter seems to be working properly.I made sure everything was together correctly and tight.I have great spark(new NGK plug).Air filter is new.Gas flow to carb. seems good.I pulled the plug when it would not start and the plug has alittle moisture from fuel but it does not seem to be flooded.I have to crank the enine for some time to get it started.I sprayed starting fluid around carb. and reed assy seal while it was running to see if had any air leak issues which would make it run erratically, but no engine idle difference was noted.Could it be low crank pressure?Thanks
85' Aero