Green and yellow bystarter wires on 85 spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

mmaannyy
BMX
BMX

Green and yellow bystarter wires on 85 spree

Post by mmaannyy »

The bystarter wires broke off on my 85 nq50 spree. Going to solder them back on. Which wire goes where????
Wheelman-111

Bystarter Mystery

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

It's a heating coil in there so I don't think it matters much. At least id didn't seem to when I was bench testing. Maybe I just got lucky? If so, I'm batting 1000. Check resistance both ways to see if you get a different value. If you do, then it might matter.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
mmaannyy
BMX
BMX

Post by mmaannyy »

Anyone know how to wire this bystarter?????????????????
mmaannyy
BMX
BMX

Post by mmaannyy »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Ca ... tZScooters

Can i put this carb on my nq50 spree?
Wheelman-111

Chinese Knock-Off

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Yes, that Chinese imitation Keihin will fit. Whether it performs satisfactorily or not is open to question.

Or you could pay about half their asking price, support WHAC*, and be sure of Genuine Honda quality.

Either way, you'll need to source the correct main jet size by locating it at MrCycles.com or your Honda dealer. Part number is 99101-0**0. The stars represent your jet size.

Either carb should otherwise bolt on.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
mmaannyy
BMX
BMX

Post by mmaannyy »

So you are saying that you have a carb with bystarter for about $30.00?
mmaannyy
BMX
BMX

Post by mmaannyy »

HEY, anyone know the orientation of the bystarter wires. Mine broke off at the bystarter. Yellow or green wire at top? Pictures would help. 85 NQ50 spree
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

I'm agree with Wheelman - bystarter wires tie to a heating coil, pure resistive circuit. Hook up some wires, check yours out with a meter.

Also - I have one of those clone carbs from wincycles (same seller as you reference). Here's 2 considerations:
1) It may require tuning for your scooter model. Honda carbs ofen have different jets and needles for different models and engines. Take a look at down jets between the Spree/Aero/Elite models. So the carb 'out of the box' may or may not run well on your model.

2) It's internals - float/needle/seat are different than orig honda. Down the road, it could take some looking to replace these parts - or just buy another clone.
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

wincycles' cheap aftermarket carbs made from finest chinese pot metal are awful. i tuned that little devil til i was blue in the face but the thing still lacked the response and overall power of even the stock carb. i still have it in its box. id certainly stay away from them.
mmaannyy
BMX
BMX

Post by mmaannyy »

Got a carb comming from Wheelman-111
bettysuegirl

wiring

Post by bettysuegirl »

doesnt matter as its ac voltage going to it
mash
Noob
Noob

Post by mash »

I agree, I bought a carb fom wincycles, on ebay. it looked ok but I could NOt get it to work on my Aero, i did everything, finnaly put my old carb back on cleaned but bysarter is not working. the green is on the top then the yellow on my bystarter.
Mike
Aero 50 1984
Yamaha 650 Custom 2009
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

ugh those carbs are pure junk...i had the same experience, sorry to hear someone else got bamboozled!
CaptDan
Elite
Elite

Post by CaptDan »

scooterwerx wrote:ugh those carbs are pure junk...i had the same experience, sorry to hear someone else got bamboozled!
Based on my experience, their ByPharters are trash, too. I got one with a 25 ohm reading. Hondasan Bible say: "..beyond 10 ohms - no good!"

It wasn't. Thumbs down. :evil:

CaptDan>
mash
Noob
Noob

Post by mash »

I know I know, I am glad I found this sight, but I already bought the carb and a spare BS, Both were bad. anyhow I got the scoot running today with bad BS and my electrc starter is working agin after not for 2 years??!!
Mike
Aero 50 1984
Yamaha 650 Custom 2009