Spree Carb Float & Valve Differences

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

GlynnC
Noob
Noob

Spree Carb Float & Valve Differences

Post by GlynnC »

I'm confused-working on '86 & '87 Sprees at same time, cleaned carbs at same time, mixed parts, switched carbs from one scoot to other--you get the picture, everything is mixed up, but seems to work.

Decided to order 1 new float and 2 new valves--guess what, the two years have diff part #, and those for '86 are less $. What's the diff. Do I need to try to sort out which carb goes with which scoot?
87 Honda Spree
86 Honda Spree
CaptDan
Elite
Elite

Re: Spree Carb Float & Valve Differences

Post by CaptDan »

GlynnC wrote:I'm confused-working on '86 & '87 Sprees at same time, cleaned carbs at same time, mixed parts, switched carbs from one scoot to other--you get the picture, everything is mixed up, but seems to work.

Decided to order 1 new float and 2 new valves--guess what, the two years have diff part #, and those for '86 are less $. What's the diff. Do I need to try to sort out which carb goes with which scoot?
Should be same parts all around. As far as I know (which ain't too far,) the differences between early Sprees (84 -85) and the 86-87 flavor carbs are: (and the envelope please........)

1. Different connectors on the bystarter wires; latter years utilize flat white disconnects; earlier - bullet connectors.

2. Fuel mixture screw adjustment; early vintage initial setting: 1 5/8 turns out; 86-87 - 1 1/2 turns out.

As you can see, you should be in pretty good shape. Experts will chime in to confirm or deny. :shock:

CaptDan>