'Nuther Auto-bystarter Question

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Davcon
BMX
BMX

'Nuther Auto-bystarter Question

Post by Davcon »

I'm new to the forum and am glad to have found you folks. I've got an '86 with missing brass parts (valve assembly) from the auto-bystarter. I do SOME machine work and made a good (I think :) ) barrel..........................but I need to make the needle, too. If anyone has their bystarter out and doesn't mind pulling off the valve (careful not to lose the spring), let me know (1) the overall length of the needle and (2) the precise measurement from the sharp 60 degree point up to the groove for the tiny clip. Please measure precisely (.000"). Thanks.
kwosha
BMX
BMX

Post by kwosha »

are you tring to fix an auto bystarter or convert one to manual? i was just about to start a thread about trying to make a manual choke adapted to fit where the auto bystarter goes. that would save SOOO much troble for so many scoots
Kev
Davcon
BMX
BMX

Post by Davcon »

HI Kev,

Well maybe, if f this fails, then I might try to make some kind manual valve "Plunger" with the barrel and needle section to go into the small hole when warmed up. But actually, I think the auto-bystarter is OK and my current plans are to use it as designed................................that's why I need the specific length. I already measured and machined the tapered parts and the smaller diameter section, based on part of the needle that survived damage. Just need the two length measurements for now.