Oh No--Tire on Backwards

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

GlynnC
Noob
Noob

Oh No--Tire on Backwards

Post by GlynnC »

I took my wife out to show off my newly revived '86 Spree--wheels & muffler painted, plastic polished (and on the scooter), seat on, runs great, and new tires. And then I saw it, I had mounted the tire backwards on the front wheel. It never occurred to me to check tire tread pattern and mount correctly. I lucked out on the rear tire, it was correct.

I've read a lot of posts on tire sizing, how to get tires off and on, removing wheels, etc.--but nothing (that I remember) on turning the tire tread the right direction--I'll be more careful next time!
87 Honda Spree
86 Honda Spree
Wheelman-111

Statistics

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

It's a well-known fact that 98.6% of all deaths in America result from incorrectly-mounted scooter tires. :)

It's also a corollary of Murphy's Law that if there are only 2 ways something can go on, the inattentive mechanic will choose the incorrect way 100% of the time. :(

I'd wait for the next excuse to dismount and just run the tire backwards for now. I've done it a few times... Just be extra-careful in the rain.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH