Im at a loss, and have no clue what to do

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

zoom
Spree
Spree

Im at a loss, and have no clue what to do

Post by zoom »

well now that i finally have spark it wont run . it has about 130 punds of compression has spark, but im going to try a new spark plug because i accidently ran it lean because the air filrter tube fell off and didnt know it so if the new spark plug doesnt work im lost. ive tryed everything starter fluid stil wont crank all it will do is act like its about to start and the stop, there is no leakaround carb and intake beacuse i have them really tight and silconeso i hopen its the spark and if its not i dont no what im going to do . any thing i mean anythingif i might be doing sumthing wrong just tell i im so l ost irght nowi have no clue .. thanks
MYSTERE1
Goped
Goped

Post by MYSTERE1 »

just a thought and i'm not saying this will solve your problum but, is your battery fully charged? even if it is turning over try giving it a boost. my spree wont start unless i have a strong charge in the battery.

just a thought.
Mystere

1985 Honda Spree.
Front pully mod, 1" longer belt,
gutted pipe, K&N air filter, #80 main jet,
Intake mod, Leo Vince clutch springs,
40 MPH top speed.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

MYSTERE1 wrote:just a thought and i'm not saying this will solve your problum but, is your battery fully charged? even if it is turning over try giving it a boost. my spree wont start unless i have a strong charge in the battery.

just a thought.
werd. jumping off a car does the trick for me. :idea:
projects galore :nerd:
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

yeah that happens to me too.

anyway 130psi is too much. should be 114-116psi. sounds like u have carbon build up in the head. pull the exhaust off and check to make sure the port is not blocked.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

it has a brand new piston and before tht i cleaned everything. it mgiht be the exhuast butit ran jsut a couple a days a go then slowly died over the next few days the battery is dead but it ran with out one. im goning to change the spark and then ill see if it works but if you ovber tighten the intake thing to the motor could that cause it now t crank?
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Did you put the piston in yourself? Did you hone the bore, and then afterwards lightly sand the edges of the ports? Have you rechecked compression since it died? I'm wondering if you accidentally trashed your rings.

By the way, DO NOT USE SILICONE ON THE INTAKE TRACT! Silicone sealant is for water pumps, not bike engines. There are a few (very few) cases to use this around the oiling system sparingly. Silicone will end up in your oil pump if overused (not on Spree, for future reference) and can get sucked into the intake. I've actually got an intake/reed block that came from a dead engine with intake and reeds covered in silicone. I'm guessing that someone used silicone on the carb to intake interface and trashed the engine. Probably gets into the roller bearings. If you used it, take it back apart and get it out of there.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

i checked compression today it went all the way up to 150 but i did it aout 10 strokes so.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Shouldn't be that high. Sounds like a plugged exhaust. Check tech docs for how to clean.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

can i take the muffeler off and check because i know the exhoust poort is clean thats the whole reasonim in this mess, but also if thts the case why did it run the other day, cuz it wouldnt get clogged tht quick would it?
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

just pull off the exhaust and try it. (not late at night.lol.) if its works then u have a clogged muffler and u get the joy of cutting it apart and cleaning it.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

well i havent checked it yet but im pretty shure thats not it because it ran the other day and i just rmnebered i had iot off and tried ot crank and it wouldnt soi dont nknow what to do. if you over tighten the reeds would that be a problem