Fixing a jet on a carb. [IMAGE]

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

AustinS
BMX
BMX

Fixing a jet on a carb. [IMAGE]

Post by AustinS »

I had been reading the forums for a few months and never realized that this forum only deals with 50cc bikes. Well right before I realized this I bought a 80cc Elite thinking I was going to call this website home.

Needless to say, it is hard to find info on my bike. I've accomplished getting the service manual (which I gave to noiseguy to post) and I've actually started my own little honda ch80 website, BUT I have a question.

My carb has that gross electric bystarter (choke) and on the bottom of the bowl there is a jet that is stamped into the main body of the carb.

Here is a picture of one that is attached correctly. Mine won't stay in the carb body.

My question is this...

How can I reattach my jet in the hole? I was told at the honda dealership that those are normally just pressed in there when built but I could try some jbweld but just a tiny amount to keep from clogging the jet.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? The bike works fine with this piece broken, but it does have a hard time starting SOMETIMES (after sitting about two days). So I guess it doesnt work FINE but it is close.
Wheelman-111

Skinny Pipe or Enlarged Hole?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

From the photo - nice job, by the way - I would suspect that there is a teeny-tiny o-ring that is supposed to hold that pipe in place which has been lost. I can't imagine how the press-fit could have become so ill-fitting otherwise. If the Manual or Honda Parts and Service can show you a diagram of the carb "blown up", you could confirm. If so, can you find a carb rebuild kit for it? Honda "kits" are sometimes actually several different "kits" - one for the float valve, one for the bowl, etc.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

if the press fit is out of spec, loctite retaining compound, the green stuff, works wonders. it sounds like something is missing, though, honda is pretty good with their tolerances and QC.
mmaannyy
BMX
BMX

Post by mmaannyy »

I also have a CH80. What is your website?