new battery

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

generalsecord
BMX
BMX

new battery

Post by generalsecord »

got new battery, battery all charged up,running great what keeps the battery from going dead,2 days later battery is dead is there an alternater on this spree,and where is it and how doe's one go about cking it to see if it is working
thanks george
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

yes there is an alternator and if ur headlights are working it should be working too since the headlights run right off of it.
generalsecord
BMX
BMX

headlight

Post by generalsecord »

headlight not working had to hook a new switch up to the head light just a simple toggle switch/on and off.could this be the problem.is there any other simple way to check the alternator.should i unhook the switch and see if the battery stays charge up.when the spree is running the alternator should keep the battery charged up correct.
thanks george
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

Yes it should keep the battery charged up while it is running. Sounds like your homemade switch is causing a continuous drain on the battery.
I would look in the manual under the wiring diagrams and hook it up correctly.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

hondaman wrote:Yes it should keep the battery charged up while it is running. Sounds like your homemade switch is causing a continuous drain on the battery.
I would look in the manual under the wiring diagrams and hook it up correctly.
yeh the headlight is is supposed to always stay running. your switch is not charging the magneto when the headlight is off. why exactly did you make a toggle switch for it?
projects galore :nerd:
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

are u running the headlight off the batt? thats a lot of power the light is taking up if it is. try driving with the light off for a while and see if that helps. the light may be taking more juice out of the batt, that the alt. can put in.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
generalsecord
BMX
BMX

headlight

Post by generalsecord »

ok i will hook it up the rite way i had it hooked up that way because the light would not come on when the engine is running.i traced all the wires from the headlight,still did not have any headlight
thanks
george