Survey question about "weak links" on scoots

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

kwosha
BMX
BMX

Survey question about "weak links" on scoots

Post by kwosha »

First of all, thanks to all of your help, i've gotten my Aero 50 (1983) that i recently bought running well. it was all due to a genuinely fautly bystarter and thankfully I found one on bikebandit.

As i've learned, these are a very weak link on these scooters and seem to be a big annoyance for many. Now that I've gotten that fixed, I've developed this big paranoia that it won't last!! ....and that some other, maybe bigger problem is around the corner.

This got me thinking that you guys have much more experience and are infinitely more useful than the mechanic guide's troubleshooting list. I'd just like to throw out a survey type question..... what do you think are the top 5 weak links or trouble spots that come up with these scoots as far as general starting and running them? Obviously, I'd put the bystarter and a dirty carb on the top of my list but what else do you guys/gals think?
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

those are definately the top 2. the air box assymbaly next. thats pretty much it. they really go wrong the most.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx