What model is this intake off of?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

teeoce
Goped
Goped

What model is this intake off of?

Post by teeoce »

I'm confused as to what model this intake is off of. This is a SE engine. I want to run the oil pump but there is only 1 inlet on the intake and one on the carb. I know that the 94+ carbs have two inlet and an intake with only one inlet, but this is obviously not a 94+ intake. Everything I have seen shows intakes with 2 inlets for the NB and SE engines. Anyone know?

The 88-93 Service Manual shows the same intake and carb as the 94+, but I have heard mention of swapping 94+ intakes and carbs for increased performance. Do pre 94 engines share a carb and intake with post 94 engines?

Sorry but it is hard to get this all straight with inconsistent online diagrams and engines where parts have been mixed and matched over the past 20 years.

Image[/img]
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Thats weird. Looks like my SE50 intake manifold except it doesnt have the vaccuum port @ the bottom like mine. I got an Aero intake manifold off of Wheelman a while ago which only has one port @ the bottom and not the top. My guess would be that it is an SE50 intake manifold which had the bottom port sealed or broken off.
Wheelman-111

Vac Port Nipples

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The basic castings are similar. They get drilled for ports - or not - according to model year. Visit a "Nipples 'R' Us" store near you... :oops: if you need an extra inlet. Don't forget to cap what you don't use.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH