1984 honda spree not starting....

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

linzospree84
Noob
Noob

1984 honda spree not starting....

Post by linzospree84 »

hey i am new to the scooters, but i just bought an 84 spree its pretty sweet, anyways it ran great and i thinki put premium fuel in it, and since then it has not been running good and not starting any tips?
adark248
Elite
Elite

Re: 1984 honda spree not starting....

Post by adark248 »

can you give some more details? What happens when you try to start it? If it does start what are the symptoms of the poor running? that will help people diagnose your problem and offer some solutions.
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree
linzospree84
Noob
Noob

Post by linzospree84 »

it cranks fine it sounds like but it won't turn over, the only thing i noticed when it did start is that it idled a little high and when i let off the the throttle and applied the brake it felt like it was still accelerating a little and pushign agaisnt the brake...it ran fine and then all of a sudden....
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

I don't think the premium gas did that.It sounds like you had a vaccum leak going before you put the primium gas in.what tells me that is you said the idle was high and even after you let off the gas the bike still want to move foward because the idle is high so that means its running lean and for a stock bike thats caused by a intake leak. pull the plug and see what it looks like. also take a compression reading and see how much psi the cylinder puts out.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
linzospree84
Noob
Noob

Post by linzospree84 »

ok, so i had a loose part on my carb, whick i tightened, how do i check if i have a vaccuum leak??, everythign looks alright otherwise,