Mikuni Cable hook up

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

nacree
Spree
Spree

Mikuni Cable hook up

Post by nacree »

Please help,

Maybe I'm a little retarded but I bought a flatslide cable to hook up my mikuni and I honestly can't figure out how to connected the cable- it has a small ball and an elongated slot that the ball fits through but it keeps comming out. I'm I missing something? Is there a diagram somewhere?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

-Nathan
Wheelman-111

Mikuni Spiders

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings;

There should be a little white plastic "spider" that came with the carb. Once the cable end ("aglet") engages the keyhole, the spider slides over it and one "Leg" keeps the cable from sliding over to the wide part of the keyhole. I saw a Mikuni diagram somewhere, which I'll post if I find it again. You can try to Google TM24.

HTH
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
nacree
Spree
Spree

Re: Mikuni Spiders

Post by nacree »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings;

There should be a little white plastic "spider" that came with the carb. Once the cable end ("aglet") engages the keyhole, the spider slides over it and one "Leg" keeps the cable from sliding over to the wide part of the keyhole. I saw a Mikuni diagram somewhere, which I'll post if I find it again. You can try to Google TM24.

HTH
AHHH- I don't have the plastic spider part. Did not come with my carb or cable. I'll have to figure out a workaround for it.

Much appreciated,

Nathan
Wheelman-111

Mik Diagram

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Here's one diagram. However the cable retainer - Item 2 in the diagram - doesn't look anything like the spindly 4-sided "spider" that came with my carb. It appears to perform the same function, keeping the cable in the narrow part of the keyhole.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH