87 SE50p with lots of white smoke

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Eric12775
BMX
BMX

87 SE50p with lots of white smoke

Post by Eric12775 »

I just bought and installed the Aero exhaust and now after a few min of riding I have lots of white smoke. Im talking like putting up a smoke screen cause Im being chased by the cops white smoke. I bought a new plug for it and trying a plug chop, but is there anything else I can do?
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: 87 SE50p with lots of white smoke

Post by martynkim »

You need to up jet the carb to an 85. If the bike ran fine before it is likely burning off some crap in the pipe.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
Eric12775
BMX
BMX

Post by Eric12775 »

I believe it already has an 85 in it. A couple of weeks ago I did a carb clean and took the jet out and saw an "85" stamped on the side.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Also, if the bike sits for awile it will smoke. My elite will do that if it sits for a week. Then it burns off in about a mile.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
Standard Man
Noob
Noob

Post by Standard Man »

I didnt run my Elite for 2 years as a buddy of mine had wrecked it and it needed the steering fix. When I started it back up, it POURED white smoke. So I would also say that its normal.
Currently riding,

88 Honda Elite 50 LX(Custom Nebraska N paint job)

82 Honda Express NC50

Year? Honda Spree