2001 Honda Elite S

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: 2001 Honda Elite S

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Could that thing you call a "washer" be the stock exhaust port gasket? It's thick, square-profile made of compressible metal sandwich or perhaps a round-profile copper ring?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Jasonic
BMX
BMX

Post by Jasonic »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Could that thing you call a "washer" be the stock exhaust port gasket? It's thick, square-profile made of compressible metal sandwich or perhaps a round-profile copper ring?

Well since it is off in my living room i will send a picture of it , but if you are saying this MOD i dont need to worry about because i have the Elite SR ... then yeah i will just leave it alone. ... picture coming soon
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Jasonic wrote:ok ok Just checking. My washer is not LOOSE but i can just pull it off with my hand if i wanted, when i took my Xpipe off today and held it to the side and upside down that washer did not fall off, it will only come off it i take it off. Now i just need to stop being lazy and get my 85 or 88 jet .
Yeah i know what you meant about loose, i was just quoting what you wrote. I'd still replace it since it crushes when installed. If you re-use it make sure there are no leaks. And you're right, you have the SR so this mod is not needed.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Jasonic
BMX
BMX

Post by Jasonic »

evilone wrote:
Jasonic wrote:ok ok Just checking. My washer is not LOOSE but i can just pull it off with my hand if i wanted, when i took my Xpipe off today and held it to the side and upside down that washer did not fall off, it will only come off it i take it off. Now i just need to stop being lazy and get my 85 or 88 jet .
Yeah i know what you meant about loose, i was just quoting what you wrote. I'd still replace it since it crushes when installed. If you re-use it make sure there are no leaks. And you're right, you have the SR so this mod is not needed.
Attachments
waaasher.JPG
waaasher.JPG (208.46 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
washer.JPG
washer.JPG (190.27 KiB) Viewed 3951 times
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

Yeah, that's your exhaust gasket.
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

i wouldn't mess with center spring or clutch springs until everything else is done.

i would deristrict it before doing anything and change the carb jet to match

then i would install 9:1 gears
then do a variator

Then you will probably be totally happy with it for a while, so don't waste anymore money
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

PimpinSpree wrote:i wouldn't mess with center spring or clutch springs until everything else is done.

i would deristrict it before doing anything and change the carb jet to match

then i would install 9:1 gears
then do a variator

Then you will probably be totally happy with it for a while, so don't waste anymore money
I just noticed we hi-jacked this thread, sorry alridnayr and i think above quote is directed to you so we are back on topic.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
alridnayr
Noob
Noob

Post by alridnayr »

its cool i was wondering if i could get linked or pictures of what does the washer look like before and after if they are available becuase i do not have the sr lol.
so i have had the same modes for a week now and its a constant 31mph with the plate off of it and no other mods. so i was thinking different weights in the clutch what do you think 8.0grams? and the derestricting and the jet and airbox all at once and i hear 85-88 jet. Where can i get the jets? i went to the local honda here and they are not very bright they said they only have a 64 and 72 jet. (this was after them telling me they didnt make a 2001 honda elite s) lol dummys.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Just call the dealer back and read them this number:

99101-087-0880

It was the Stock jet for the '88 Elite, in case they wonder. Daytona makes this jet in bigger sizes, available as a kit from DayWot on eBay. However for a stock bore and pod the 88 should be enough.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
alridnayr
Noob
Noob

Post by alridnayr »

was wondering if anyone has installed a performance free reving cdi on there elite? i see them for sale on daywots ebay annd was wondering if they are worth it
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

nope. waste of money. those only work on scoots that are already restricted by the CDI. ours are unrestricted.
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

alridnayr, i have a 2000 elite s, after i derestricted my exhaust, opened up the airbox, i upjetted to 85. the i got a rumia variator and installed 7.5 gram roller weights, and put in 2k clutch grab springs. and i now see speeds of 45 easy and 48/50 on a long run
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
Jasonic
BMX
BMX

Post by Jasonic »

Saturday Morning July 3rd , I still have not got a variator Yet :( Elite SR still going 36-37, after driving 2-3 blocks I can not do a wheelie because the belt warms up right, well it was cold this morning and i went 4 blocks and was on the main long street, light turned green and front wheel is llifting up :P ...but i was coming back from grocery store, very cold in the morning I only got Coffee creamer in my pocket. I see a Honda Metro Poli (50cc 2003-04 uro looking ones - 4 strokers right?)
Well I am at the red light and he wizzes by! dang i want to catch up!! my light is green and i get to 2 more RED lights, he was at the 2nd red light, I pull up beside him and look at his ride, he looks maybe 185lbs. I am 168, I had no jacket or gloves on. He waits behind some car at this red light and i never do that , i go to the front line always so everyone can notice me and my initial take off is faster then a car going to 20mph. This guy stayed behind the car. Light is green ! Bye the time i cross the street I am already going 23mph . 1.5 blocks I am going only 34 because lots of cold WIND. The 03 metro 50cc is hold a good 4 car lengths behind , I think his top speed is 33 or something weak sauce like that:P Still on this LONG straight FLAT road the wind finally dies and i hit my top speed of 37 and the metro is loosing ground , I am SO far ahead now , I turn the corner and i see him looking , I wave and i am gone.

I am not sure why i am being lazy about getting my 85 or 88 Jet, I would have been faster. Too many chicks in my life and i been driving the 2door. :(
Pierce ramsay
Spree
Spree

Post by Pierce ramsay »

i only got mine up to 35mph did you change the variator ar wieghts? and where would you get a 85 jet from?
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

go to your local powersports shop and order PN# 99101-187-0850 it is the honda part number. and yes i did change the variator to a rumia and installed 7.5 gram roller weights. wait didnt i just say this.?
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite