Noobie here Elite E to Elite 80 swap?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

racecortryan72
Noob
Noob

Noobie here Elite E to Elite 80 swap?

Post by racecortryan72 »

I just got an '89 Elite E amd then I found this site. I wish it had been the other way around because I would have gotten a '94 or newer Elite with a DIO engine. I have learned alot from this site about scoots. I like my E and plan to mod it for now but i plan get a DIO engine ride later. My scoot is in good condition and the last owner had it 13 years. I live in Jenison, MI not far from Grand Haven, MI where there is a member to this site lives. He's the guy the mechines the engines for BBK. I'm a certified autobody man and a good mechanic so I can handle any work needed on my scoot.
Now on to my subject. My E will do 34mph with no mods but I would like to see about 50. I like the idea of factory honda parts reliability with a few both on performance parts like a intake and a muffler. I would like to do a elite 80 drivetrain swap if possible. Am I crazy to want to do this swap? Has anyone tryed this swap? What is involved in this swap? What parts are needed? I plan to get a complete running 80 to do the swap. Please help.
For now I would like to get a complete exhaust upgrade and a K&N filter for my E. Where do I order them? What are the best web sites? I see Taz has good parts. At least you guys say so. Does he have a wab site? Can you guys direct my to a good tread on these upgrades? Help a noobie out.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Noobie here Elite E to Elite 80 swap?

Post by Trafficjamz »

If you have an elite e that goes 34 mph.......LEAVE IT ALONE!

No aftermarket exhaust or air filter will make it go any faster.

A big bore kit from taz will make it get to 34mph quicker, but it will still only go 34mph.

Taz has gears for the spree that can be modified to fit in your E, but take off speed will be affected.

A big bore AND gears will get you going around 40-45 mph.
Taz's ebay store is http://stores.ebay.com/alluneed-scooter-parts

A 80cc engine swap has been done in a spree. You can see that here.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15471&hilit=controls&start=30

Hope this helps :thumbwink:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Re: Noobie here Elite E to Elite 80 swap?

Post by toboggan »

racecortryan72 wrote: I live in Jenison, MI not far from Grand Haven, MI where there is a member to this site lives. He's the guy the mechines the engines for BBK.

I wonder who that fellow is... :naughty: :naughty:

but yeah, 34 stock is good for that machine. im not sure if i can get parts for it or not, but taz's kits and gears are great!

if you need any help on it, we're real close to each other.