Problem with big bore kit

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

shortcal
Goped
Goped

Problem with big bore kit

Post by shortcal »

So I received my big bore kit in the mail. I noticed that it was missing the nuts that came with the kit so I figured I would just reuse the old bolts. I got it on but only 2 of the bolts actually would tighten down. So I tried the studs that came with the kit and they tighten in but I have no way of tightening the top of the bore down because the threads end about 1/4 inch above the top. So anyone have any ideas how i can tighten this down? As you can the black stud in the back and the regular bolt in the front. Thanks in advance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
2001 Honda Elite
Wheelman-111

Re: Problem with big bore kit

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

It's hard to see the problem from here. Do the studs thread all the way into the block below? Maybe there's some gunge in the holes?

Presuming the studs are meant for that cylinder here, but could it be a stroker bore? If so, the cylinder sits on a thicker base gasket, but 1/4" is still too long for that.

Make sure the studs thread far enough down into the case before you do anything. You really don't want to strip the case threads! A short stack of flat washers under some "tall" M6 nuts will get you by for now.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
shortcal
Goped
Goped

Post by shortcal »

Well the bore was the 50mm Ruima bore i bought from toboggan. It came with a thin base gasket so im assuming thats what it was meant to use. The threads on both ends are a little longer than the stock ones so its kind of hard to tell if they are all the way in. Is there a better way to tighten the studs in other then by hand? But if you think that some nuts and washers should do then thats what ill try.
2001 Honda Elite
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

shortcal wrote:Well the bore was the 50mm Ruima bore i bought from toboggan. It came with a thin base gasket so im assuming thats what it was meant to use. The threads on both ends are a little longer than the stock ones so its kind of hard to tell if they are all the way in. Is there a better way to tighten the studs in other then by hand? But if you think that some nuts and washers should do then thats what ill try.

Put the end with the shorter threads in the block.

tighten two nuts againt each other on the top of the stud.

then use the top nut to torque the stud in :thumbwink:

I hope that makes sense. :confused:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight