cleaning exhaust

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

PureAloha
BMX
BMX

cleaning exhaust

Post by PureAloha »

well today i got the bright idea of cleaning out my v8 pipe for my S. took it to work and put it in the solvent tank and just let it flow through for awhile till the solvent came out semi clean. blew it out with air and brake kleen for awhile. then i got the bright idea to use heat to get out any remaining oil residue out. light up the oxy torch and checked to see if it would flare up in the manifold side of the can , small flames so i let it burn out and think nothing . so i continue to heat until i see vapor rising out of the * end of the can. put the flame back in to the inlet and BOOOOOM scared the s*** out of me a little. did it one more time and said fck this i dont wana blow this thing up. just thought id share my wonderful night at work
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: cleaning exhaust

Post by martynkim »

Hmmm, apply a flame to a combustible liquid. Cant understand why that would have happened :lol:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
1StarGeneral
Noob
Noob

Post by 1StarGeneral »

yeah i trip out i never knew solvent was flammable :roll:
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

That has happened to me a few times when burning out stock exhausts, WITHOUT using any kind of solvents.

It's either old fuel residue or too much oxygen... either way it made me jump each time!

jon
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3