Rattling sound

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

trains420
Spree
Spree

Rattling sound

Post by trains420 »

when i start my scooter elite sa50 94+, it vibrates against the motor mount. if i step on the engine, it stops the rattling? can someone tell me how to keep it from rattling? vibrating, and when going down the road it's like sounds loud.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Rattling sound

Post by evilone »

Are you sure it's not the kickstand? Maybe the rubber bushing came off motor mount.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

when the scooters on the stand? and a vibration through the whole thing when i'm riding it.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I didn't realize it was on the stand, you mentioned it makes the noise going down the road. Did you make sure the rubber "link stopper" is still on the mount?
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

ok the vibratings from the mount going against that thing it sits on. i can hit the bottom and it rattles. sitting on the stand, doing nothing.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

thats where it's hitting.
Picture 083.jpg
Picture 083.jpg (97.37 KiB) Viewed 6874 times
the top parts lifting up and hitting the bottom part.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

why is this rattling? is it supposed to be sitting on top of each other?
and another question since i'm asking stuff, i've never known abuot this. does something go here? in this bolt hole, the thread thing. it's on the right of the fan shroud, beside the muffler pipe. can someone look and see if anything's hooked to theirs? thanks
Attachments
Picture 098.jpg
Picture 098.jpg (75.23 KiB) Viewed 6854 times
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

i checked the mount, i felt a rubber thing on it.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

trains420 wrote:can someone look and see if anything's hooked to theirs? thanks
I drug my butt out to check my wifes 2000 Elite and there is nothing where the threaded hole is, just a threaded hole.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
nacree
Spree
Spree

Post by nacree »

It should not be sitting on the frame like that. I had the same problem. You need to loosen the motor mount bolts, raise it up off the frame and tighten the mount bolts back up.

Nathan
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I gotta go with worn motor mount bushings. Probably a good idea to remove motor and check the condition of bushings. Other than that i don't know what to tell ya.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

One more thing trains420, i checked the wifes motor while it was on the stand and there is about 1/8th inch gap where you said yours hits.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

ok, so nothing attaches to the fan shroud. well.
i put new tires on and the vibrating went away, but, it still touches the frame when it's on the stand. so bushings, is not the rubber thing on the engine mount. the rubber between the bolts that holds it on, the engine mount to the frame, and to the engine. i checked the ones on the engine by just looking, well one side, it looks fine. so them could be worn. ok
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

hey can you replace bushings if you need them. i got to take this somewhere and get soemone to help me pull the motor mount so i can see if the bushings are worn.
edit: and oh yea, does it take two bolts to loosen it up. it's attached to the frame and to the motor, the frame bushings are fine. just kind of center that one piece going in the hole, in the frame from the mount? to get it off the frame.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

ok so i loosened both sides of the motor moutn, and without taking it out i wiggled it around. it seemed fine. and i tightened it up, but the motor is supposed to move around and be able to go up and down. i jacked the motor up and tightened the bolts down. maybe the back part im not sure doesn't move because the motor moving in two places, would be weird. but it still went right down on the frame. the rubber on the front of it, seems fine. i felt in there it felt fine. is there anything else leaving this thing going down on the frame? the shock? something that would make it drop down on the frame? it just drops right down to the frame, i don't really notice the vibrating, but i know it's there and every once in a while wil notice it, but new tires, kind of makes it quit. old worn out tires, you can notice it a bunch. does the shock supposed to stop it from hitting the frame, and can it drop down or something to have it hit the frame? what about people with longer shocks. does anyone know why my mount is hitting the frame? thanks.