info on tools for primary gears and af34 engine??? thanks!!

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Pancake808
Goped
Goped

info on tools for primary gears and af34 engine??? thanks!!

Post by Pancake808 »

please give me a link of the tool needed for a primary gear swap" has the shaft and collar" also a list of tools i need for a complete rebuild and where to get them!!!
i wanna rebuild a af34 but are they the same as the af16??? i got the af34 but wanna change it to 7:1 gears. it has 8:1 now. Looking for a 70+ top speed and good all round performance. "should i keep the 8:1"???? what will the 8:1 gears mph top out at???
dont wanna mess with the final gears, due to having to press them out.

also links to diy for the rebuild. i already found some here but any extra info would be helpful.
please email me Xero01160116@yahoo.com
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ANY INFO!!!!

af34 has 82cc bore
ct manifold
custom massive reed box
44.4 mini stroke crank
28 oko
polini pipe
clutch
variator
8:1 gears
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Re: info on tools for primary gears and af34 engine??? thank

Post by turtle13 »

As long as you are just swapping the primaries, I believe you shouldn't need any special tools. Pull the tranny cover and put the new primaries in. If you don't have a press, its very possible that you may be able to stick the clutch shaft in the freezer and the tranny cover in the oven to drop it in. If there is anything different on that motor sanjuro would be the one to ask, as he has the most experience with the japan market motors.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

This may be wrong because it's a different motor, but if it's the same as an AF16, the clutch shaft should pop out of the cover with it's bearing. Tap that off with a hammer and swap the bearing to your new shaft.

But: If it already has 8:1 gears, hasn't someone already swapped the secondaries? If you leave those aftermarket secondaries and swap in the new primaries, you now will have some crazy ratio like 5:1. You'd need stock secondary gears (and they'd have to be pressed on) before you put in the 7:1 primaries.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

The transmission cover for the af34 and af35 motor is identical to the single bearing af16 cover. The af34 uses a different set of primaries than the af35.

I would just stick with the 8:1 ratio you have now. It's already low enough. I would suggest getting a service manual off of yahoo auctions japan. FYI, the same tools used for the af16 and af18 motors for crank, bearing, and gear install/removal would be the same as the af34 or af35.

Since yours is an af34, I would assume you are running drum brakes. I'd upgrade to disc.
Last edited by sanjuro on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

808BMW wrote:This may be wrong because it's a different motor, but if it's the same as an AF16, the clutch shaft should pop out of the cover with it's bearing. Tap that off with a hammer and swap the bearing to your new shaft.

But: If it already has 8:1 gears, hasn't someone already swapped the secondaries? If you leave those aftermarket secondaries and swap in the new primaries, you now will have some crazy ratio like 5:1. You'd need stock secondary gears (and they'd have to be pressed on) before you put in the 7:1 primaries.
Hitting a bearing with anything is a poor practice. That's why God created presses.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

You sure you have a af34 block? I don't remember ever seeing a 82cc bore kit for the honda horizontal motors. The biggest I seen or heard is a 47mm kit.is your motor a vertical dio(cylinder pointing up) or horizontal (facing foward cylinder towards tire)? Plus the mini stroke crank is a question too.haven't seen a splined dio mini stroke crank.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

KN makes some bigger bore af34/af35 cylinder kits, and I've seen some Taiwan stuff out there too.
Pancake808
Goped
Goped

Post by Pancake808 »

it says af34 on rear case on rear trans cover??? did some one put just the cover on it???? it is a vertical"up and down" looks identical to my af16???? guy i got it from said he put a sym gear in it so its at 8:1 also has a rear sym tire. got it for 380. so i couldnt pass it up. nice looking engine with all new parts bore/crank/mani ect. chrome kikker ect..

i live in hawaii so dios are aplenty here. i seen that guy dio speed demon on you tube with a tool to pull the primary gear through the case. how would i tell the gear ratios??? id have to open it up and count them correct???

also what top speed will i hit with those 8:1 gears??? id be happy with 65-70mph
Last edited by Pancake808 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

pull the belt cover, mark a spot on the clutch bell. then using the fill spout on the tire spin it slow and count how many times it spins til the fill spout gets around once(back to where you started)
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
Pancake808
Goped
Goped

Post by Pancake808 »

it rotates clutch drum 7 3/4 turns to one tire rotation. what ratio is that??? :*: :coolcruise:
Pancake808
Goped
Goped

Post by Pancake808 »

sanjuro wrote:The transmission cover for the af34 and af35 motor is identical to the single bearing af16 cover. The af34 uses a different set of primaries than the af35.

I would just stick with the 8:1 ratio you have now. It's already low enough. I would suggest getting a service manual off of yahoo auctions japan. FYI, the same tools used for the af16 and af18 motors for crank, bearing, and gear install/removal would be the same as the af34 or af35.

Since yours is an af34, I would assume you are running drum brakes. I'd upgrade to disc.

I SWAPED S DRUMS 95mm front "they were cheap"
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

sounds like you got the 7.8to1 gear set. those will be good for the speed your looking for. just make sure your block is matched to the bore so the kit can breath.get a bunch of weights that are the odd weights so you can fine tune that trans. example 5.2g,5.3g,5.4g,5.5g. the 1/2 gram total weight change is the difference of you hitting or missing the trans dial-in.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Pancake808
Goped
Goped

Post by Pancake808 »

sweet, i guess it works out in my favor for once. :naughty: the boost port is cut as is the block to fit the bore and mini stroke.

mahalo, i will post my build in a little, i think its the only one in hawaii 82 nx50 sr express 3in stretch, with 99 s front and dio stroker 2.15 rims front back 90/90x10
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

just make sure the compression is not to high if your going to use 92 octane pump gas.its going to blow up if its to high.you will need to add head gaskets or run the thick copper head gasket from vt's and double check the compression. around 125psi is good.any more than that,you will need to run some race gas in your tank to up the octane so it doesn't knock and blow a hole in the piston.keep in mind all the aftermarket kits sold out there has a minimum octane use of 95 or higher.octane booster wont help so don't use it.your lucky if you even get 1/2 a point octane boost from it.plus it makes plug reading impossible.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Munstah666
Goped
Goped

Post by Munstah666 »

Af34 motors are Horizontal motors, nothing like an Af16 or Af18. Can you post pix of the motor?

Pancake808 wrote:it says af34 on rear case on rear trans cover??? did some one put just the cover on it???? it is a vertical"up and down" looks identical to my af16???? guy i got it from said he put a sym gear in it so its at 8:1 also has a rear sym tire. got it for 380. so i couldnt pass it up. nice looking engine with all new parts bore/crank/mani ect. chrome kikker ect..

i live in hawaii so dios are aplenty here. i seen that guy dio speed demon on you tube with a tool to pull the primary gear through the case. how would i tell the gear ratios??? id have to open it up and count them correct???

also what top speed will i hit with those 8:1 gears??? id be happy with 65-70mph
µùѵ£¼Òü«Òé╣Òâ╝ÒâæÒâ╝Òâ×Òâ│