frame strenthening

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: frame strenthening

Post by Bear45-70 »

that guy wrote:Please explain where i was apparently corrected. Wat is it that u seem 2 think i need 2 learn
Yep, pretty much as I thought. To stupid to be taught anything. :crazy:
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Nobody NEEDS to learn anything... however the world is full of wonderful bits of knowledge and being open to them can be a good thing.

There are things like:
Credibility (or the lack of it)
The difference between "2" and "to" (or "your" and "you're", "wat" and "what", etc.)

Why are you getting so hyped up over it? If someone was full of BS, and I wanted to try something they had done, I'd hope (as fastplastic + Bear have done) that people would let me know he is full of crap. I would NOT want them to "keep it to urself". Some people might believe maddog's ramblings, but since he only comes once a week would it be fair to discredit him behind is back?

As far as pushing people to other forums, there really are no other options... Unless you want to try FH, but if your skin isn't thick enough for here, you wouldn't last a day on there.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
that guy
Goped
Goped

Post by that guy »

Maybe the engine he built is bs but i dont c how welding up a support bar could b crap there are many pics of different scooters with different variations of a bar i just said i liked tha8 idea and wanted 2 copy it .as for not having thick skin go work in logging and mineing which i did 4 12years.im also a mechanic working on building the ford v8 super car engines i also own a towbar manufacturing business and build race go karts in my spare time .So BEAR dont assume i know nothing and are 2 stupid 2 walk get down off your extremely high pedestal and take a few steps back

This has now gone off topic and turned into a fight thats about normal for this site

Bear reply all u want 2 this as i know u will u allways have to have the last word problem is i wont be reading it
86 nq50
AF18E POWERED
Just waiting on a box of go fast goodies
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Personally, I feel that burnt_toast (as linked by zuphilius on pg. 1) has the best reinforcement bar I've seen on a moped. It's overkill for the use, but I like how the rear of the bar is tied into the frame + shock mount.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

ae86guy is gone. You can try emailing him. He asked me to shut down his account a while ago, and I did. The value of this activity I'll leave to personal interpretation.

The top bar will work to stiffen the frame. I've no idea *why* you want to do this, but this will stiffen it in the weakest direction, which is vertically.

You could wrap it in 'glass, which would also help, and would maintain a stock appearance.

Have fun and let us know what you do.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Also, for what it's worth, my friend has a top bar on his moped and HATES it. Talk about a shin buster.

Maybe on a drag or dirt ped, but for daily riders it isn't too comfortable.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

808BMW wrote:Nobody NEEDS to learn anything... however the world is full of wonderful bits of knowledge and being open to them can be a good thing.

There are things like:
Credibility (or the lack of it)
The difference between "2" and "to" (or "your" and "you're", "wat" and "what", etc.)

Why are you getting so hyped up over it? If someone was full of BS, and I wanted to try something they had done, I'd hope (as fastplastic + Bear have done) that people would let me know he is full of crap. I would NOT want them to "keep it to urself". Some people might believe maddog's ramblings, but since he only comes once a week would it be fair to discredit him behind is back?

As far as pushing people to other forums, there really are no other options... Unless you want to try FH, but if your skin isn't thick enough for here, you wouldn't last a day on there.
bravo, well said :2thumbs:
projects galore :nerd:
that guy
Goped
Goped

Post by that guy »

I found ae86guy on another forum scootling he did not ask for his acount 2 b closed you shut him down i just recieved a bunch of email pics from him of his scoot and by the pics he does hav a variated spree motor not that im trying 2 stick up for the guy just thought id share that

Oh and i built the bar a bit different 2 his but it works great the ride is much better.It is not 2 ridged will b even better when i fit 8he other forks i hav that hav better suspension and a disk brake
86 nq50
AF18E POWERED
Just waiting on a box of go fast goodies
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

that guy wrote:I found ae86guy on another forum scootling he did not ask for his acount 2 b closed you shut him down
Ah, point of fact. ae86guy did ask for his account to be closed. Repeatedly. If you read his last posts on this board, you'll see that he just got more and more out of line, until his account was shut down.

I notice that you are also posting out of New Zealand, as was ae86guy. I also note a similar style of writing as ae86guy. Also references to pictures of bikes no one else has seen.If you are the same user as ae86guy, posting under a new account, I am not amused.

You seem more interested in arguing about this user than the original post. I'm locking this up.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products