Some tuning help...

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

tabs808
Goped
Goped

Some tuning help...

Post by tabs808 »

Okay, so i got a DD50block, fully ported along with a fully ported corsa.
Full counterweight crank, kelli pully, sef ramp, 6&7g weights, stock clutch, 2k center, poli blue 4k clutch springs, and 8:1 gears.
I have a chrome ct mani, 28oko carb, and me jets are 152 and 38 if im not mistaken.
I am 145 pounds.
What else am i missing...
Anyways, with the needle turned one and a half out, cruising at 40 and i open it up, it bogs out and backfires. I always gotta pull it aside and rev it a couple times. Sounds like its drowning. Should i rejet it or just run it leaner?
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Some tuning help...

Post by bakaracer »

your pilot jet is way to small. for you being in hawaii should start at around 52 pilot. the main is kind of huge. drop down to a 138 to start. set the air fuel screw at 1 3/4 and needle at 1 up from middle. if you have a temp gauge,use that to see where your jetting is. up the main if the temp goes up at wot. up the pilot if on closed throttle, the temp goes up.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
tabs808
Goped
Goped

Post by tabs808 »

Lol i knew i had it bacjwards. My pilot is 52 and main is 138
As of now, the clip is second from the top. And air fuel screw is 1 1/2. Imma try f*** with it when the mad rain stops
konaking
Spree
Spree

Post by konaking »

I'm running 52 pilot and a 140 main with the needle one below middle and it bangs no problems at all. You say your backfiring? That sounds mean have you done anything as far as port timing goes? Have you stacked your base gaskets or changed the port timing at all? I would leave the clip in the middle and check and make sure you have the right plug in there and there's no exhaust or intake leaks that would cause you to suck in extra air. The best thing to start off with would be a plug chop.
konaking
Spree
Spree

Post by konaking »

I just read the part about the fully ported corsa. Sounds like your timing might be a little messed up. Also ministrokers and port work will change the jets you have to use compared to stock crank and untouched ports. The person whi built the bike probably stacked gaskets so the piston clears head