Installed Polini 72cc kit on '94 SA50...Runs well then stops

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

Big mouth, tell me how to build an engine cuz u can't you wan't speed but you don't have an NHRA brain!!!!! :P
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

this is happing to me with my new 63cc bore kit(92 elite sa50)
it has happen 3 times to me, i have been riding it soft in fear of this. what do i do?
i have been going easy :?
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
itzmepete
Goped
Goped

Post by itzmepete »

Anyone has a #100 carb jet to sell me for my stock carb?
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

VTCycles should have some.
If not you can get them at honda (i believe).
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
itzmepete
Goped
Goped

Post by itzmepete »

Yeah VT in Hawaii and I am in Florida! I found a 1 mm drill bit which should leave me with a 100 jet. I drilled the stock jet and reassembled it. Compression COLD is 155 psi, I can't imagine hot. Starter struggled abit to crank it over. The polini Corsa is a nice cylinder but it can be better. Seems all they did was port out the exhaust and cut a small section of piston out in the lower skirt for the intake boost port. The rest was same. Wasn't thrilled with the cylinder head O ring seal, falls of easy when assembleing it especically since the head bolts gave me a hard time. I had a hard time lining up the cylinder bolts, seemed they were off just a hair or really close. The spark plug is also off center with the shroud hole. It isn't in the center but up higher and now its a pain in the * to conect the rubber boot. Strange for such a top end assembly. The carb jet that was included was for a jap carb and a number 82 not 100. Anyhow. I started it up and let it idle, reved it a hair and shut it down. Will run it tomorrow as its late.

My old cylinder assy, well, scoot shows 2800 miles but cylinder had great compression , piston clean and no scorn marks whatsoever on piston or cylinder.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Dac wrote:this is happing to me with my new 63cc bore kit(92 elite sa50)
it has happen 3 times to me, i have been riding it soft in fear of this. what do i do?
i have been going easy :?
Run it richer maybe?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
itzmepete
Goped
Goped

Re: Installed Polini 72cc kit on '94 SA50...Runs well then s

Post by itzmepete »

The Problem here is not heat seizing, its stock muffler. Its building up too much back pressure and shuts the engine down. 2 stroke, air gets in only if it can get out. The muffler is being pressurized. When I originally did my 1999 SR50 I did a Polini Corsa, 100 jet on stock carb, new clucth with 1000 springs and 8 gram rollers on stock Vari with stock gears. Did the same thing. I then replaced the muffler with the larger R1 and that solved the problem. Redid the gears to a lower 8:44 to 1 and topped out at almost 60 mph. The main factory original crankshaft bearings went out almost 2 years later and destoryed the Polini. I completely rebuilt the engine using new bearings, gaskets and seals, media blasted everything and new PGP aircraft polyurathan paint. I didn't want to waste another $300 on a Polini Corsa as I now have a Yamaha Zuma that takes preference so I got a 80cc generic kit from Chopchop on ebay for $90. Quality was unreal, Runs almost as fast as the Polini Corsa at 1/3 the cost. Needs alittle carb fine tuning but I will say this much, runs with the airbox wide open where the Polini wouldn't. Video on Youtube under itzmepete sr50
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Dude you shouldn't be giving advis. You fried your corsa. His problem wasn't running the exhaust stock numnuts. Stop bringing back old threads from 2007 man. Kinda interesting tho dac sounded kinda noobish to me. Mabey he was just getting into it. I haven't seen him or kenny mcormic on here forever. Where did all those guys go?
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
itzmepete
Goped
Goped

Post by itzmepete »

You obviously have no clue what you are doing let alone saying. I am adding this to an old post for future users to read and learn. You obviously have no clue as to what you are doing and must be DOL with nothing better to do. My bike was built right and tested. You obviously have no clue as to how a 2 stroke runs. You can throttle a 2 stroke by closing and opening its exhaust although its not effcient it has been done as in the old Cox .049 engines. That was his problem which was same as mine, the exhaust. You should keep quiet and not post misinformation to confuse others that are trying to learn and fix their elites. My SR50 Ran PERFECT at 60 mph using a STOCK carb rejetted to a .100 and a R1 muffler with tranny regeared. I puts over 3k miles, actually almost 4k miles and it was ridden daily. All this talk on here that you can't run a Corsa unless you get a larger carb was wrong as well as a Racing exhaust. My bike is running and can be seen on Youtube. That speaks for itself.

You need to grow up. Learn how to spell as well.....
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

itzmepete wrote:You obviously have no clue what you are doing let alone saying. I am adding this to an old post for future users to read and learn. You obviously have no clue as to what you are doing and must be DOL with nothing better to do. My bike was built right and tested. You obviously have no clue as to how a 2 stroke runs. You can throttle a 2 stroke by closing and opening its exhaust although its not effcient it has been done as in the old Cox .049 engines. That was his problem which was same as mine, the exhaust. You should keep quiet and not post misinformation to confuse others that are trying to learn and fix their elites. My SR50 Ran PERFECT at 60 mph using a STOCK carb rejetted to a .100 and a R1 muffler with tranny regeared. I puts over 3k miles, actually almost 4k miles and it was ridden daily. All this talk on here that you can't run a Corsa unless you get a larger carb was wrong as well as a Racing exhaust. My bike is running and can be seen on Youtube. That speaks for itself.

You need to grow up. Learn how to spell as well.....
He's just a troll, but at least he admited it.
kingkamehameha wrote: I only come here to talk trash to you mainlland folks. Especially bear its so much fun. I used to come on here ffor info and didn't even bother making a account for almost two years. I'm sticking around just to tell some of you how bad you suck
See? He's just another rude idiot on the interwebz with social problems, likely acting out in the anonymity of the internet as a way of compansating for his feelings of inadequacy in the real world.

I don't think he can wrap his head around the idea of a lighly modded scooter. Or read things like how the corsa met it's end. Welcome back to the forum, and thank you for the update. :coolcruise:
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Yeah why buy the best bore if your not gonna do it right and spend tthe money for all the righht parts. Just cause you change your main out doesn't mean its gonna work llike a bigger carb. Cheap losers doing halfass builds make me sick
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

itzmepete wrote:The Problem here is not heat seizing, its stock muffler. Its building up too much back pressure and shuts the engine down. 2 stroke, air gets in only if it can get out. The muffler is being pressurized.
First of all...welcome back itzmepete.

Are you saying since i'm running my stock pipe with the Polini Contessa my ride should be shutting down?
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Unless your stock pipe has the load of carbon build up, it shoulld never cause your bore to seize. I've seen people run stockpipes with no problem other than limiting performance
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

Well, my jog hAs polini crank n contesta boar 0ver 1200 miles, With oil pump n 14mm carb .95 jet. Stock airbox, 11-1 gear. Pg pipe . 32-1 premix. Ran good!