Adding a "pipe" to 2spd. auto bike

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

twistedtuner
Noob
Noob

Adding a "pipe" to 2spd. auto bike

Post by twistedtuner »

Hi I been wondering something about tuning a pipe on a bike that isn't CVT or a single speed.
I have a honda gyro TG50 3 wheeler. its SO SLOOOW I know my muffler is plugged up and it is very restrictive.
I have been toying with the idea of using a Leo vince ZX or a CPI stock 50cc muffler. I would mate the pipe where the stock muffler meets the header pipe, make a fancy bracket and look at minor airbox mod and up jet or carb swap.
What I wonder is how the gearing will act with a different powerband?
Because using rollers and contra spring allows us to tune to the pips's powerband right?
So what about something like a tomos they are 2spd right?
Getting gears and clutch parts is impossible for these things, but what whould one have to do if I add a pipe?
The ZX is a very good 50cc pipe on a stock mineralli hor. & I happen to have a busted one hanging in shop.
Any input would be helpfull thank you.

Read more: http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index.cg ... z1tiz48sH1
Attachments
gyro muffler.JPG
gyro muffler.JPG (75.17 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
gyromaniac
Spree
Spree

Re: Adding a "pipe" to 2spd. auto bike

Post by gyromaniac »

The gyro is slow for a reason. It has a two speed as you know. Because of this, the transmission can only go so fast. The fasted i have seen one go is 38, and thayt was with porting and a bigbore kit. If you do a tuned muffler. You will have to get a new carb and mess around with the oil pump and get a new air filter. Its a time consuming process. Trust me, i have ten gyro's. Its not impossible. It just takes alot of time