Polini Corsa warranty

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Polini Corsa warranty

Post by LMH »

I just got my second Corsa today, first one I didnt port or chamfer it. The guy I sold the scoot with it on is still running it hard everyday so I know its not necessary but is it a good idea being as Polini will actually warranty there product not like Malossi. But if I modify it the warranty is voided of course. Its just nice to see a manufacturer stand by his product. I got a malossi 65cc bore and AF05e for free because the malossi cast iron cylinder chipped away at the ports and they wont warranty it in any way. I just honed and chamfered it, threw in a new piston and off I went, but having an implied and expressed warranty is always tops. The MHR piston melted in hours, but this was my fault not the manufacturer.
Back to the real question though, how many people with the Corsa have not chamfered it prior to installing and never had any issues also? After the malossi ordeals I dont want to waste another $300 but it will take 3 days for the shop to get to it. I leave in 4 days for 2 weeks.
How many people got head bolts with theirs also? I didnt have any with my kit?
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Re: Polini Corsa warranty

Post by Red Eft Performance »

Just to be very clear Malossi does stand behind their product and will warranty against defects. But they will not warranty parts that fail from improper tuning.
Malossis coverage is not any different than Polini. Both very good companies.

As for chamfering the ports its common practice for the installer to chamfer and ports that arent chamfered from the factory. Yes I have installed many kits and didnt chamfer the ports and never had a problem.

Im not sure what the lack of love from you is all about, I thought I took good care of you. Keith
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
dv/dt
Spree
Spree

Post by dv/dt »

I've had my corsa for about 1k hard city miles and i didnt chamfer anything. Straight out of the box and onto my scoot!
2000 Elite: oko 24 (45/135), corsa, pg short, keli vari, 8.44 secondaries = 71mph gps
1995 Jog
2004 Malaguti F15
2007 Ducati Monster S4r
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

With the malossi and polini most times if not all the time right out the box you don't need to chamfer the ports. The italian stuff has way better clearances than the taiwan and chinese stuff so less worry there. But with the malossi,if you don't port match the boost port. That can make the bore run hot and seize too. The duty of the boost port is to blow out the burnt mixture out the exhaust and push the fresh mixture to the head. if the boost port is doing its job, the bore will stay cool with the right jetting and it will run good too
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Let me be clear Keith from Red Eft is a great seller, between me and my neighbor we spent near $600 with him. Just had a bunch of bad luck with the malossi stuff. Those breaks in the casting arent from bad tuning, its from lack of chamfering, how ever the melted piston was from the CHT fitting being wompas and not enough jetting. I take complete blame for this, the AF05e bore is a different story, my friend who bought it said when he spoke to red eft, he said no one gives a warranty for these bbks. Polini definitely does. Thats all.
I said before Ill be buying a piston kit again, which is another 90 bucks, but Im heading to my country for a couple weeks so Ill do it when I get back. Definitely like you as a seller Keith, youre the fastest and most responsive seller ever, hands down.
After running the Corsa today I feel the MHR is stronger, but it was obviously on the verge of melt down lol. I chamfered the ports anyways, cost $10 bucks at the vespa shop on Delmar and took 20 minutes.
After I figure out how to get the old aluminum off the bore Ill be installing it onto another AF18 long case and installing it into another elite. Ill have a 12" rear wheel with a 10 front, might be weird.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Ive seen many polini exhaust flanges break where the pipe bolts up. Ive never seen or heard of malossi flanges ever breaking from over tightening. Further more ive never heard of anyone chamfering thier italian bores. Post pics of your casting breaks. I suspect user error not lack of chamfering. Like baka said, most people have sour luck with malossi because they dont match the boost port and poor tuning
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Ya Im sure youve seen many break, I know 5 people in the area with Corsa not a single problem brother. You saw one on here online that was broke and now you think youve seen many. Im not trying to start an argument here but if you research Malossi all you see is problems. Thats all I see and thats all I know at this point. I have over 1k in Malossi products and close to the same in Polini, hands down Polini is better produced. Research Corsa and people are still rolling them daily after months or years. Just the facts.
If the flange did break its because of morons over tightening the bottom bolt past the point of stop or itll break. That is the only place they break, not the top, just the bottom and if you ever saw a Corsa you would know why, not just spout out a random fact, this is the second Corsa Ive owned and personally installed. This time I had the ports chamfered and I ported the exhaust outlet. Squish is set to .09.
User error isnt going to have the casting break off like it did. I got it and I took a flex hone and a lot of hand porting to get it back to usable, then spent another 60 bucks on a new piston kit. My MHR kit is going to cost another 90 still.
I wouldnt say this if I didnt know first hand, not just saying what I saw someone else do, these are cold hard truths. Tried and true. This isnt my first engine build.
Lastly, the boost ports are enlarged to Italian MHR specs. Full ported upper case for Italians as Ive owned 4 I like them with ported cases.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Again a lot of the reason why guys seize or blow up malossi bores is because they don't split the case to port the boost port right. Polini bore you can just bolt it up and go. That's why a lot of guys either don't like malossi or they are lazy so they pay the price of seizing or blowing them up. As for polini being a better product is pure opinion. I have been using malossi bores since 94 and haven't had a issue of seizing or blowing up and have beaten the so called better polini bore. Believe it or not a lot of guys seize or blow up polini stuff too. A lot just don't say they do because of pride. As for the exhaust flang breaking, polini ones break too on both the cast and aluminum bores
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

The MHR was stronger by a lot. The case was ported prior to running the MHR, I had an air leak at the CHT and was hitting 10.5k+ with a 122 jet and an air leak. Thats what happened to the MHR. How do you suggest I hone that out Baka? It only lightly on there, no scoring that I can see. As soon as it sky rocketed I shut it down and had it picked up, so it saved the cylinder I think.
I havent had any experience with an aluminum polini, only the Corsa, the MHR was all aluminum. I have no doubt the MHR will beat the Polini in a race having rode both on the same ride same set up. Well this time Im using the V8 pipe.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

it true what baka say!!!!

i has my malossi mhr aluminum, stock unported af16 , 5,000 miles.

polini contesta over 5,500 miles.

just use your brain, when tuning and plug chop,
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Plug chopping is how I bent up the CHT sensor and didnt think it was that bad until I removed the fan shroud and saw the pool of oil on the head, melt down had happened by that point. I thought it was doing ok on the plug chops but i think not.
Next time I build with the MHR it will be better, I just need to figure out a safe way to remove this aluminum from an aluminum bore. I can use sand paper and emery cloth but I think it needs to retain the cross hatching.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

If no scratches on the wall that can be felt with your finger nail then use a 320 grit flex hone if you need to. The 320 is used for setups just needing new rings and bores that have some cross hatching still visible with a few smooth lines going vertical
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

LoveMyHonda wrote:The MHR was stronger by a lot. The case was ported prior to running the MHR, I had an air leak at the CHT and was hitting 10.5k+ with a 122 jet and an air leak. Thats what happened to the MHR. How do you suggest I hone that out Baka? It only lightly on there, no scoring that I can see. As soon as it sky rocketed I shut it down and had it picked up, so it saved the cylinder I think.
I havent had any experience with an aluminum polini, only the Corsa, the MHR was all aluminum. I have no doubt the MHR will beat the Polini in a race having rode both on the same ride same set up. Well this time Im using the V8 pipe.
You will never get that pipe to revv high enough to experience the true potential of both bores. Try one of them with a scorp or sef magic and it will blow your mind.
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

The Arrow pipe with a MHR bore is amazing.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

sanjuro wrote:The Arrow pipe with a MHR bore is amazing.
Stop teasing. I dont think i will ever get my hands on one even if i had the cash. I cant stand this dude bagging on malossi. Both polini and malossi are great companies. I dont think there is a "better" brand of the two. Malossi doesnt design the bores to bolt on and go like you can do with the corsa but that huge boost port has to have some kind of advantage over the tiny polini