spree pulley mod good or bad

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

reese17
Noob
Noob

spree pulley mod good or bad

Post by reese17 »

I've been looking on this forum and I think I am going to do a pulley mod on ny 84 spree this weekend

If you have experience with this and not just an opinion I would love to hear it also any tips

Thanks
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: spree pulley mod good or bad

Post by tazland001 »

It will give a little more top but you will lose low end.

taz
t8kinover.
Goped
Goped

Post by t8kinover. »

i did it quite afew years ago. I ended up using some washers to (finely tune it) adjust the spacing. But it is a mod def. worth doing to the spree.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I just put the wider belt AX-24 on my 84 and that got me some more top end. But with the pully mod as someone mentioned can be tuned a little where the belt install cannot. And the pulley mod is pretty much free too. Measure your belt before you start just to make sure its not too thin to begin with and replace the belt with a new one. That may get the top end you are looking for it may not but it will make sure that everything is right before you start making changes.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock