2000 Honda Elite S i want some more speed from her.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

ratrodelite
BMX
BMX

Post by ratrodelite »

She is basicaly stock, i ground out the washer in the exhaust and that was it so far. I know people are talking about variators. Does mine have that?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KELI-PERFORMANC ... 0972310277?
Would that work on mine? Spring kits for clutch? any links where i can get these? Jets? Part numbers would be great. I am fairly new to all of this and unsure where to go with it so any help is awesome. Anything else i can do that isn't too hard.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (217.15 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (182.93 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
Carnie
Elite
Elite

Post by Carnie »

Yes, yours will have a variator and the Kelli will work. I have one that I'd sell you for $20.00 shipped. If interested, pm me. Also, depending on your geographic location and amount of hills you encounter on rides, 9.8 gears are a great asset if area is relatively level.
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Re: 2000 Honda Elite S i want some more speed from her.

Post by Dio89Elite »

How much more speed do you want? (end mph goal?) and how much is your allotted budget to work with?
If it's just a little bit more top end speed that you want, take a look at replacing the weights (go a little bit heavier). A heavier center spring could be of use to. A change in gears would also change the little engines behavior as well.

Or if you really want an overall improvement in performance, we're talking about replacement of top end, carb, and exhaust pipe but this will cost a couple (or three) hundred of dollars.

All of this actually depends on your preference and/or riding style (and of course budget).