The difference a good exhaust is

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

The difference a good exhaust is

Post by LMH »

Here is the same stage 6 cylinder and a polini sport modified ran on different pipes for those who think a pipe can not effect the rpm range of an engine, ehem king. Im glad some people know more than some about 2 strokes and some people do real research. Yes it is on a minerelii but its the same difference on our engines.
http://www.pedparts.co.uk/c/asset/Stage ... er_kit.jpg
And heres a link to the whole article.
http://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/stage6-s ... loser-look
Im glad I have a very bad a** pipe and not the run of the mill. My pipe is based off of the Yasani C20 but reproduced by Motorio for the dio in japan and europe.
patthesoundguy

Re: The difference a good exhaust is

Post by patthesoundguy »

I haven't seen the pics yet, but I can't wait to see them. Pipes mean a lot. My express with a stock pipe and then a real chamber done right was the difference between ho hum top with some low grunt with my kit or holding on for dear life when the pipe hits :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Those numbers are quite something wow

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

LoveMyHonda wrote:Here is the same stage 6 cylinder and a polini sport modified ran on different pipes for those who think a pipe can not effect the rpm range of an engine, ehem king.

Yes it is on a minerelii but its the same difference on our engines.
I never once said that a pipe cant affect engine rpm where are you getting that from? Im not going to get in another argument now about crap the jennings articles explain clearly. Your wrong about minerelli engines they are NOT the "same difference". The reeds sit directly into the case its a much better flowing engine than a dio and responds better to the same type of engine modifications. They also revv a few thousand rpms higher.
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I'd like to see the Top Trophy bore on them charts.
I'm curious if it's as good as a lot of people claim.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Lol I know what the minareli style uses, my point is that a bore wont reach its max rpms if you dont have the pipe to do it regardless of engine intake design. Minarelis can hit 15-16k and its not that uncommon for 13k on a dio motor. Heres a link to a guy I know running a killer 13k Corsa set up. Hes spent over 3k on his quest of trial and error.
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=6494.0
******** **** Ill choose my words, but Im only doing it out of respect. :love:
Last edited by LMH on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Really Love. Its one thing to know your s h i t but its another to act like a piece of s h i t. lol

It is easier to get your point across with a little sugar in your tone.
:hi:

Taz
damnSA50
Goped
Goped

Post by damnSA50 »

I thinks hes laughing about this conversation more than angry and hes a cantankerous old timer even in his nice moments. Looks like fun times on the interwebs.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

LoveMyHonda wrote:Lol I know what the minareli style uses, my point is that a bore wont reach its max rpms if you dont have the pipe to do it regardless of engine intake design. Minarelis can hit 15-16k and its not that uncommon for 13k on a dio motor. Heres a link to a guy I know running a killer 13k Corsa set up. Hes spent over 3k on his quest of trial and error.
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=6494.0
******** **** Ill choose my words, but Im only doing it out of respect. :love:
Dude your trying to tell people what they already know. Of course a engine wont reach max rpms without the right exhaust as well as carb and trans tuning. No one is disagreeing with you so whats your problem? Wow 3k to build a moped engine what a waste. If he did his research he would have had to spend 1/3 of that. Stop trying to be a troll ad start arguements. You were wrong about how high malossi bores rev up to. So why are you trying to start something? You act like you know alot but the real ones who know thier stuff arent the ones trying to pick fights and start debates. They sit back and watch silently and offer advise to people who need it. Oh an look at where these bores race bores make peak power its under 13k
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Ps you got a run of the mill chamber pipe. Ive tried more exhaust than yove seen so stop bragging. There are members here that have chamber pipes worth more than your whole bike so who you trying to impress? The philipines have more exhaust selections then you can dream about and they arent to far away from hawaii. Some of the fastest bikes in the world are over there. Your made this thread to try and put me down when i never made any personal attacks on you and NEVER said exhaust pipes had nothig to do with engine rpms. Get it right