HAVE YOU SWAPPED AN ENGINE? how did it stop?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

mmeadows
Elite
Elite

HAVE YOU SWAPPED AN ENGINE? how did it stop?

Post by mmeadows »

so i put an 87 aero engine in a 84 aero

i had two combatblaity problems with cables

1. the inner length on a 83-84 throttle cable is to short for the 87 carb. ( brand new sa50 cable cleared that right up) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Elite-SR- ... 0554480777

2.) the rear brake cable on the 83-84 aero is far to long to engage the brakes on the 87 aero engine. what do i do?

with all the swaps from dios to sprees and 125's put here and there susrly im not the only person with this problem.

anyone own a few honda 50cc and knows off hand what brake cable is shorter than the early aero cables?

ive been messageing about this problem for a while, and i just rode with one brake for the better half of summer, but no one has an answer or comparison cables so i thought id ask the forum as a whole for help.

if you have some spare lose cables to mesure maybe we could compare mesurments?

:cry: :cry: :cry:
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Re: HAVE YOU SWAPPED AN ENGINE? how did it stop?

Post by Kevinstonge »

I'll give my 85 brake cable a measure and let u know.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

We have been compiling cable dimensions on the 'wiki at this link

If you want to likewise help your brothers, please post your 83/84 cable measurements for rear and throttle cables.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Cable too long, small problem.
Too short big problem. Is there not a way to give it an extra loop or 2 around the frame to shorten its reach?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

mmeadows wrote:the rear brake cable on the 83-84 aero is far to long to engage the brakes on the 87 aero engine. what do i do?
This is a non-problem: Almost any m/c repair shop can make up a cable in a few minutes.