issues with fresh MHR dio build

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

bladecki13
Noob
Noob

Re: issues with fresh MHR dio build

Post by bladecki13 »

hey New to This forum have myself a 1997 Honda elite 50 done a ton of reading on here and this is the first post that has made me nervous im doing a build as we speak im installing a MHR 72cc big bore kit, 28mm OKO carb, PG Long Exhasut and A Ruima 44mm Mini Stroker, Doing Some Tranny Work As Well, Are You Recommending Not Doing The Stroker In This Set Up?
Wheelman-111

Re: issues with fresh MHR dio build

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Yes.
few of us can hope to compete with Signore Malossi's porting Wizardry.
If you can't adjust the port timing precisely, the Malossi's a complete waste.

Maybe you do have the Porting Skills? If so you still have to address the monstrous compression that a ministroke will produce when it tries to shove all that mixture into a head that already compresses pretty high at 72cc. I think it'll detonate, even with pure Av 100LL. Proceed at your own risk, but the 90cc ministroker I built around a 50mm Tai piston - one that was designed to work with a ministroke - wasn't any faster than my MHR 72. And it didn't last as long...

Granted the Malossi's tougher than the cheap stuff from Asia, but compression on the 90 was in the low 150s. You're gonna have to add a bunch of gaskets or hog out that Malossi head a ton to get it even that low. Then again, the metal in your new crank came from the same factory as the metal in that piston. Think about it.
Attachments
PistonHoles.jpg
PistonHoles.jpg (134.51 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH