bought my first scooter.... and im feeling buyers remorse

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Dingus Khan
Spree
Spree

Re: bought my first scooter.... and im feeling buyers remors

Post by Dingus Khan »

going for unique. I'm starting to see a lot of ruckus and glad I went with my insanely slow spree. in time I will be as fast and not looking like the A & F of scooters lol.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

2slow2go wrote:I hate to say this but I think you will regret it if plan on driving this moped around reliable and safely at 35-45 mph. The spree is smaller than the elite, the suspension isnt that good, the brakes would be worse at higher speeds, they just feel "squirrely" at higher speeds.

I had two sprees and decided to sell them and by a 94 or newer elite I am glad I did.

just something to think I think for practical purposes the elite would be 10000 times better but if you want a unique/fast scooter as a project or hobby scooter then do the swap.
My spree feels fine at 40mph and I have knobbies on it. I put new EBC brake shoes front and rear and it stops like a champ. As long as the motor and trans do what you need them to, whether it be stock or swapped it will be whatever you make it ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Dingus Khan
Spree
Spree

Post by Dingus Khan »

patthesoundguy wrote:
2slow2go wrote: I put new EBC brake shoes front and rear and it stops like a champ. As long as the motor and trans do what you need them to, whether it be stock or swapped it will be whatever you make it ;-)
I just had to order some now lol :woot:
Dingus Khan
Spree
Spree

Post by Dingus Khan »

ordered purple fuel lines :) waiting for the mirrors I want to come back in stock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Bx6MPyZCM i'm almost done if I could only get ahold of a dio motor!!!