delorto sha clone carb on spree test fit

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

patthesoundguy

delorto sha clone carb on spree test fit

Post by patthesoundguy »

Just made an adapter to mount this neat little eBay cab on my spree. I need to go back and modify it so the carb clears the shock but its not bad. I may try with the ct intake and see off I get better clearance. Image this is a start in right direction for another aftermarket carb option for sprees. Good for stock set up as its 15mm and designed for 50cc. Time will tell :geekdance:
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Re: delorto sha clone carb on spree test fit

Post by patthesoundguy »

Clearance achieved Image
84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
JDOBBS86
Noob
Noob

Post by JDOBBS86 »

Why in the world would you want an sha carb????I've only just gotten acquainted but so far I love my Spree's sweet little needle having real world adjustable fuel air metering device
my fiancee's spree (my project)
franken-puch
75 honda+ 80's tomos=homos
garelli
peugeot 102+103
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Its another option. Took about a half hour to make the adapter. Who knows it could be amazing or it could suck monkey butts. Don't know until I test it. My main idea is for the pvha delorto because it has a bystarter on it. And also I'm going to try my real delorto from thats on my express. I have an intake that will take delorto carbs that fits all the Honda blocks except spree, but I have the adpapter plate that fit came with my ct intake for the spree big bore kit. The problem is that the stock carb just won't allow any more through the block. And that may be the reed block not allowing any more flow I'm not sure. If I dont get anywhere with the stock 86/87 reeds I'm going to try the real delorto carb with the ct intake I'll make it fit in the rubber grommet somehow. The 21 mm oko carb kit from taz is wicked but only for the bbk, its way too much carb for a stock bore. I know this because I tried it. No amount of jetting will make a carb thats too big work properly. I'll post back when I have a test run on that carb.
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

When you run such a large carb on a small engine you can advance the timing to compensate for the lack luster low end or no low end. Just don't get too crazy. Modify the pick up brackets two "eye holes" to where it will pick up the rotation earlier (advancing timing). Also when you advance the timing it's a good time to upgrade the coil and open up that spark plug gap. I use the profire coil and hot wire from nology.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

LoveMyHonda wrote:When you run such a large carb on a small engine you can advance the timing to compensate for the lack luster low end or no low end. Just don't get too crazy. Modify the pick up brackets two "eye holes" to where it will pick up the rotation earlier (advancing timing). Also when you advance the timing it's a good time to upgrade the coil and open up that spark plug gap. I use the profire coil and hot wire from nology.
Wow what a great upgrade even if you dont advance the timing. Love the idea :-)
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock